Home Forums General Discussion Oh No – NZ’s top BMW rider got a helicopter ride

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

It has been interesting dealing with all the insurance companies. We have had to make a few claims for clothing the bike and travel insurance due to having to cancel the BMW safari in Australia.The only company which never offered any help or assistance was John Baker all the other insurance companies offered help as well were concern with my welfare. All John Baker offered was an insurance claim form when Barb rang them while in Christchurch. She still had to get me the bike as well the car and trailer back to Auckland. It all worked out in the end 🙂

Anonymous

C'mon Alex.Most guys who are familiar with the internet can easily use their computer with one hand.  Why should Dean be any different?DTY

Still the smart ass  😀

Xan
    Participant

You can enjoy “shopping” for which riding suite and a helmet to get while you can't ride a motorcycle.  😀What was the result of the X-ray today?I hope that you don't need an operation.Get well soon but be patient  🙂

Dave Morris
    Participant

i thought he was typing with his nose

Anonymous

You can enjoy "shopping" for which riding suite and a helmet to get while you can't ride a motorcycle.  😀What was the result of the X-ray today?I hope that you don't need an operation.Get well soon but be patient  🙂

X rays are on hold until next week as well I have to see the head clinic then 😉I'm coming off the pills now, will see what pain comes on, but looks good at the moment.AA insurance is sorting out the riding gear with Experience so once they get the go ahead I'll be shopping for new gear and helmet. 😎

Jim Young
    Participant

Was that the helmet you waited two years for ?

Anonymous

Was that the helmet you waited two years for ?

Sure was 🙄

Dave Ross

Chris McArdle showed us  his helmet at the Rally. He had had a recent off just out of Coromandel. His helmet was actually cracked, but his head was fine, well just as it was before :-).Looks like the wait had been worth it for you. Will you get the same one again?

Anonymous

Chris McArdle showed us  his helmet at the Rally. He had had a recent off just out of Coromandel. His helmet was actually cracked, but his head was fine, well just as it was before :-).Looks like the wait had been worth it for you. Will you get the same one again?

My insurance is replacement no cash. I liked the helmet a lot

Anonymous

I've found the replacement suitTrailguard suitThe new Trailguard suit is a complete re-design of the multifunctional Santiago suit. With a dynamic sporty look it is designed for all-terrain riding and features new material for greater rider comfort. The suit can be effortlessly adapted to match the weather. Constructed from Dynatec™, the suit is highly wear-resistant. It is made with a breathable coating, making it air-permeable, softer and more comfortable without compromising on safety. Additional protection is built into the suit with NP protectors in the back, shoulder, elbow, hip and knee areas. The height of the knee protectors is adjustable to ensure maximum comfort and safety. The suit also features 3M reflective material to improve visibility as an additional safety feature. With a variety of weather-reactive features, the suit adapts to suit the climate. A retrofit GORE-TEX® insert is also available making the suit both waterproof and windproof. In addition, coated zips provide further protection and a waterproof outside pocket keeps valuables protected. A highly-breathable mesh lining also provides a body-climate balance with additional ventilation zips. PA110028.jpgPA110029.jpgPA110032.jpgPA110033.jpgPA110034.jpg

Anonymous

Look at all the hi vis tape: if that's not a Nana Suit, wottizzit?Good idea though, I need one for church.

Dave Morris
    Participant

I've found the replacement suitTrailguard suitThe new Trailguard suit is a complete re-design of the multifunctional Santiago suit. With a dynamic sporty look it is designed for all-terrain riding and features new material for greater rider comfort. The suit can be effortlessly adapted to match the weather. Constructed from Dynatec™, the suit is highly wear-resistant. It is made with a breathable coating, making it air-permeable, softer and more comfortable without compromising on safety. Additional protection is built into the suit with NP protectors in the back, shoulder, elbow, hip and knee areas. The height of the knee protectors is adjustable to ensure maximum comfort and safety. The suit also features 3M reflective material to improve visibility as an additional safety feature. With a variety of weather-reactive features, the suit adapts to suit the climate. A retrofit GORE-TEX® insert is also available making the suit both waterproof and windproof. In addition, coated zips provide further protection and a waterproof outside pocket keeps valuables protected. A highly-breathable mesh lining also provides a body-climate balance with additional ventilation zips.

Oh the good old days when ACC used to replace ya gear after a little whoopsie. Noww ya gotta  crash t and claim thru ya insurancei

Anonymous

Look at all the hi vis tape: if that's not a Nana Suit, wottizzit?Good idea though, I need one for church.

I don't see any yellow or red  😎

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice suit!  Wow, that IS a dynamic sporty look!Though it seems a bit em, gathered, through the middle.

Dave Ross

Nice suit!  Wow, that IS a dynamic sporty look!Though it seems a bit em, gathered, through the middle.

I am sure it will stretch a bit, to suit a more manly figure.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.