Home Forums General Discussion OFF ROAD ADVENTURE COACHING

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Both Colemans Suzuki and Red Baron have rentals.http://www.redbaron.co.nz/rentals.asp advertises a 250 trail/enduro for $80-$90/day

Dave Ross

Thanks, that's very helpful. We'll go and talk to them.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Is he happy to coach those of us on larger models?And how many more would he be willing to take... I mite be able to get the time off

Dave Ross

That's not a problem at all. As a matter of fact that's what the training is all about. It's Sunday the 1st of November meeting at 10am at the Kumeu Bakehouse Cafe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I would be interested in joining the training too

Dave Ross

Not a problem, two people have pulled out, so there is room. See you at the Bakehouse Cafe. It might be a good idea if everybody who came brought $150, in case there are unannounced drop outs.

Dave Ross

Chis wants to change the date from next Sunday to next Saturday, as he has a race on Sunday that he would like to attend. That's Saturday the 31st of October. I have emailed all the people who I thought wanted to come. If you didn't get an email, I may not have a current address, or I didn't know you intended to come. Either way, just respond here if this suits you or not.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Any tips before we turn up?I'll be taking the pannier racks off before heading out.

Dave Ross

The date has been changed to Saturday.Tips? I would have good tyres, TKC80 or similar would be a good idea.I'd make sure I have good safety gear.I'd take something to drink and a snack, camel-backs are good for this.I would dress so I could take layers of clothing off, as it will get hot once things are under way.Maybe take a camera, to take embarrassing pictures of people who have fallen off :-).Bring a sense of humour and be ready to have some fun.That's all I can think of for now.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Should be interesting then…I'm running Conti Trail Attacks.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Surely most of the GSs would be running dual purpose tyres – this is Adventure riding training not trail riding isn't it?  I have Tourances on the GS but I'll bring the Sherpa with Trail Wings 'cause I noticed the words “mud” and “sand” 👿

Dave Ross

I am sure the training will be appropriate to whatever you'll bring along, so I wouldn't worry. I'll use the R80GS and that's on half worn T63's. Adventure riding is not just about riding along a gravel road, you don't need training for that.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Well that's nice of you to say so Alex, but you obviously have more confidence in my back road ability than I do and any training I can get will I'm sure, be useful.

Dave Ross

It is ideally suited to riders with bikes such as BMW GS,  KTM LC8 and DR650 who are wanting to explore their bikes (and their own) off road potential. The course takes in gravel road skills, sand, grass and mud around Auckland’s North West playgroundsLooks like there is something for everybody :-). I'll send Chris an email re tyres and degree of difficulty.

Dave Ross

Chris' response to my question if anyone should be concerned:Not at all, Im not going to take anyone anywhere they dont want to go. The more off road biased the tires the more fun people will be able to have, but we will keep it safe for everyone. The idea is for it to be "self paced".So there, no need to worry. Looking forward to seeing you all there and meeting a couple of new people.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.