Home Forums Members Notice to all Canterbury members

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi there, By way of introduction my name is Warren Taylor and I have put my hand up to be the new Area Rep for Canterbury.  Geoff sent me through a database of local members which was good but I could not open the file to set up an email and contact database.  As a consequence I have manually entered your name and email addresses using the contact list from the email Geoff sent to you March 13th The upshot of this is that I would like to tidy up the contact details for everyone inclusive of home and mobile numbers.  The reason why I would like your mobile number is so I can send out text reminders about planned runs, cancellations and the like.  Please confirm your contact numbers by return email. You should also note my email address is my work email so I am not contactable after normal work hours via email.  If you want to phone me it is best to try my mobile (027) 434-5122.  My home number is (03) 313-0929. One thing I should point out is my partner in crime, if that's the right phrase Alexis (Lex) will be working with me to make this a great club to belong to.  Over the next few weeks I will be sitting down to compile a list of suggested runs inclusive of joint runs with the Retreads group.  For those of you that are new we share runs and events with the Retreads club so I'll be sending out reminders of what Retreads are planning.  Allan Stokes of Retreads is currently looking for a suitable location for a mid winter dinner/lunch so keep your diaries open and I'll let you know of any progress as soon as I can. Some of you will be aware that Retreads has a group which attends to the needs of adventure riders.  They have had to limit numbers such is the level of interest, so I would like to suggest we start our own adventure group called - Gravel Surfers.  If you think this idea has merit and you would like to join in let me know by return email or phone me.  In Geoff's last email he said there would be a run on April 13th, leaving Shell Carmen Road at 10.30am.  I'll be there to introduce myself so please come along, I will be riding a BMW 1200GS Adventure. Regards Warren Taylor & Lex Bone

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Warren,thank you for taking on this position in your area. I am sure you'll enjoy it. You've got a fantastic area to ride in. I know if I lived there, I would not miss a ride.Best of luck,Alex

Xan
    Participant

Hi Warren,I have assigned permission to you to enter events from the Calendar.From now on, you can enter your rides from Calendar and it will show up in the Calendar.I have linked your ride on 13/Apr to the Calendar.If you want to know how to enter events from Calendar, I can send instructions to your email address.It is a PDF file.Neko

Anonymous
    Inactive

The short answer is yes, please sned through the instructions.warren

Xan
    Participant

Hi Warren,Thank you for your keen attitude  🙂I have sent the PDF file to your email address.If you don't receive it, please let me know.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Hi WazaWhen I bought my F800 I was keen as mustard to get out and into the Canterbury BMW crowd. I turned up at my first ever run, and was met by..................nobody else turning up.I haven't been to one since, but I'm getting over my miffed attitude, and will likely be at an upcoming ride.I work shifts, and they are a bit cruel on a social life, so please forgive me for not being more available when rides are happening. I will get to those I can, simple.Anyway, thanks for taking up the reigns.Ka kite. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.