Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Nitrogen Filled Tyres ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

“I shall have to think of some more simple?'s ot ask the experts.  :-D”Omigawd, first it was spreadsheets, now it's algebraic equations: ex for unknown quantity, and spurt for 'drip under pressure'.

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

Has anyone used Nitrogen in their tyres ?  If so why?  Phil

Not sure if this thread is dead yet but I think it is an interesting question. I have not heard of nitrogen being used seriously outside of very competitive racing. With racing tyres temperature is critical for grip and this is effected by pressure and vice versa. It is the water vapour in the air that is probably most sensitive to temperature and therefore has the most effect on pressure. Bottled nitrogen is dry and a lot easier to get hold of than very dry air and I believe that it in itself also has less volumetric change with temperature change. Of course tyre warmers not only sort out problems with heat cycles in race rubber but they also reduce this problem of temperature and pressure change during the race. We have found nitrogen to give a significant advantage in sprint kart racing where tyre warmers are not allowed and you want good grip early and holding through to the end. I don't believe it would make any difference in road riding.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Has anyone used Nitrogen in their tyres ?  If so why?  Phil

Not sure if this thread is dead yet but I think it is an interesting question.

Threads on this site never die, they just go to sleep for a while.Thanks for your input.

Anonymous

Firestone have a deal on nitrogen for a one off $50 payment and they will check and refill the tires as long as you own the car. Look for the green tyre valve caps 😉

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Firestone have a deal on nitrogen for a one off $50 payment and they will check and refill the tires as long as you own the car. Look for the green tyre valve caps 😉

So is that $25 for 2 wheels?  Those green tyre valve caps sound cool. Phil

Anonymous

So is that $25 for 2 wheels?  Those green tyre valve caps sound cool. Phil

no 50 for 5 🙄 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm going to keep my eye out for green tyre valve caps now.  Or should we call them “sucker indicators”.  It's a safe be that the same vehicle will be equipped with deer whistles and a hi-clone.  Probably a little Omega 909 oil additive in the engine too.

Anonymous

I'm going to keep my eye out for green tyre valve caps now.  Or should we call them "sucker indicators".  It's a safe be that the same vehicle will be equipped with deer whistles and a hi-clone.  Probably a little Omega 909 oil additive in the engine too.

and the green cap bike riders will be wearing hi glow vest 🙄 😉

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

and the green cap bike riders will be wearing hi glow vest 🙄 😉Your'e right - don't have the green caps but have used nitrogen (see above) and a hi glow vest (see below)3733898883_be7ba5953a_o.jpg3733899801_6825f5defd_o.jpg(just discovered you can't post pictures as you do with ADVrider)

Anonymous

Your'e right - don't have the green caps but have used nitrogen (see above) and a hi glow vest (see below)(just discovered you can't post pictures as you do with ADVrider)

The photos would look a lot better with the bike only.  😀You can post from Photo bucket http://photobucket.com/

Tim BLAKE
    Participant

Your'e right - don't have the green caps but have used nitrogen (see above) and a hi glow vest (see below)(just discovered you can't post pictures as you do with ADVrider)

The photos would look a lot better with the bike only.  😀You can post from Photo bucket http://photobucket.com/

Then I would have nothing to remember the ride - may as well sit in my garageTell me, is there a way to do it from Flickr?

peter.trub
    Participant

If the deal is 5 for $50 can we get 5 bikes done for a hundy? Also if the caps are green and the hi viz vest is also do the riders get filled with Nitrogen as well? (but wait theres more  😀 ) How on earth will Nitrogen assist with tyre temperature when you are riding in snow  😮My life was much less confusing before you posted this question Phil  😉

Anonymous

Then I would have nothing to remember the ride - may as well sit in my garage

Now you are at the age of wearing a nanny vest the next age step for you is sitting in the garage  :mrgreen: Should I go for a ride! is it safe! no I want! I'll use my free bus pass 😉 now should I wear my vest! as I have to walk to the bus stop! 😀I don't use Flickr

Anonymous

Tell me, is there a way to do it from Flickr?

You just find the image you want to display here that is in your Flickr collection, pull it up onscreen in your browser, then copy the url and paste it in your post, same as any other site you refer to. Of course, if you use Picasa or Flickr or Jalbum online, and you haven't paid to use their ad and annoyance free version, you will get all their "Web2" "digg this, like that, buy that, email the other" stuff displayed as well, not just the image by itself.The advantage to your cobbers and critics is they could browse more of your pictures while they were there, unless you have blocked that ability to browse further from the image you post.

Dave Ross

Highlight the URL and then click on the little picture frame above the smiley faces. You can also click on the frame first and then paste your URL into the text box. I've done that to your post above.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.