Home Forums Members Newbie from Norway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

davie.jpgHi all!Svein here, picture showing my previous LT on a typical spring run. Had 3 Beemers: 1 K100RS which carried me and wife Astri some 150.000 miles all oaround Europe. Then a 1200LT which only lasted about 40.000K because of prohibitive maintenance costs. Current bike is a 2001 R1150RT named Gottfried. This one has the promise of being a long time family member!I run a hobby shop with remote control Big Boys Toys for a living (www.teknisk-hobby.no) , work 10-4 and spend as much time as possible on the bike, together with my wife of 40 years marriage. Got 2 kids and, sofar,ย  2 grandchildren. I also do a bit of free-lancing for the Norwegian motorcycle monthly MC-Avisa (www.mc-avisa.no) . Other bikes that have been living with me over the years: A number of Brit bikes, mostly BSA's. 1 Moto guzzi V7 Special, 2 Varaderos, 2 Tiger 955's.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum Svein and thanks for those amazing pictures. You can now compete with Jim from Maine about who has to shovel more snow. I really like snow, but it's a long distance relationship for me :-). Cheers,Alex

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hei pa degWelcome to the siteย  ๐Ÿ˜€My daughter lives in Norway, in Spydeberg (South of Oslo)So we know that there is very little difference between the countries (population and size).Regards Scott

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

There is one tiny little difference that I am jealous of. Norway has oil, that helps with the cash flow.

Anonymous

Hi Svein. You live in very pretty country. I would love to ride the country in the summer. I spent 6 weeks in Hamar in 1994 in the winter.I also like the local singer Sissel. I have a couple of her CDs

Brian
    Participant

Okay Alex, you have jinxed me. It hasn't stopped snowing here since about Dec 4th. The riding season is REALLY over now and on to the shoveling season. Bummer. Ride safe and long. Cheers. Jim

Tony Russell
    Participant

Now, wouldn't you know….!!! ๐Ÿ˜€We haven't had one single inch of snow..........yet

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Looks like Jim is winning the competition then :-). I'll think of both of you while touring the South Island.

Tony Russell
    Participant

We may be down, but we're not beaten . Quote dah Gubbahna:ย  *Ah'll be bakk!!* ๐Ÿ˜€

Brian
    Participant

Here it is New Years Day in Maine and still SNOWING! I guess the slingers on my R69S will get done this year. Happy New Years to all and pray for peace on our Earth. Cheers. Jim

Tony Russell
    Participant

Good news, Jim!!!It's snowing here, too!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.