Home Forums General Discussion New Newsletter

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Now there's a great idea. Why not alternate years – Palmerston North/Palmerston (Otago). Currently living in the Manawatu and originally from Otago I would be more than happy to have an excuse to take the bike across the ditch.

I think Robin's tonge in cheek comment has merit! Why not alternate between the two islands? If you timed the AGM in the South to coincide with the Bert Munroe then I have no doubt that there would be a reasonable North Is contingent turn up!

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Now there's a great idea. Why not alternate years - Palmerston North/Palmerston (Otago). Currently living in the Manawatu and originally from Otago I would be more than happy to have an excuse to take the bike across the ditch.

I think Robin's tonge in cheek comment has merit! Why not alternate between the two islands? If you timed the AGM in the South to coincide with the Bert Munroe then I have no doubt that there would be a reasonable North Is contingent turn up!

As capable and helpful as he is I doubt that Barry would be able to organize an AGM and a Rally every second year.  Not sure who else down there would put their hand up?  Talking of the old farts club though, we have just returned from a couple of weeks down south and spent a very pleasurable time in Nelson catching up with some long time aquaintences.  Ulysses spend little time on the AGM and more on fun and it may be a consideration for the Register if at any time in the future we start to alternate our AGM.

Dave Ross

Alternating the location of the AGM would be a fair move. Having it in Palmerston North deprives the Wellingtonians of a good ride and they might not want to turn up for the AGM.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.