Home Forums General Discussion New model R1200GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Evidently there is a new model 1200GS called the Explorer due out later this month.Differences appear to be Akrapovic exhaust, front beak, crashbars, and an adventure screen.R1200GSExplorer.jpg

2bjr
    Participant

Sweet. But see still no extra protection for the brakefluid pots on the handlebars.

Murray
    Participant

Sweet. But see still no extra protection for the brakefluid pots on the handlebars.

Then make sure you don't ride it upside down  😀

Jim Young
    Participant

Have you seen the brake pots on the new 800 series ? they look as if they were added as an afterfthought  😛

Murray
    Participant

Have you seen the brake pots on the new 800 series ? they look as if they were added as an afterfthought  😛

They need to be big for the big ass 320mm rotors and 4-pot Brembo callipers attached (with braided steel lines either side up front). Not really anywhere else to put them. Again, it's not like you going to hit anything with them eh?

2bjr
    Participant

All I can say, been there, seen that, got the bike on a trailer with no other damage except the mirrors and the two pots. 😉

janejohnstewart
    Participant

… Again, it's not like you going to hit anything with them eh?

You want a bet? … and DAMHIK … 😉However, to get back to Jim's question, you've got to ask ... Why?Is an Explorer slightly less adventurous than an Adventure, but “braverâ€? than a standard GS?Hopefully it'll be a marketing success, because when it falls out of fashion I'll be able to replace my 1150 GS with a 1200 GS for sensible money. 😀

Jim Young
    Participant

I think it is just giving the option of getting all the 'goodies' on from the factory that most of us would like to add anyhow.Must say I like the idea of a different exhaust pipe, how much were you stung for yours Garry ?

Murray
    Participant

I think it is just giving the option of getting all the 'goodies' on from the factory that most of us would like to add anyhow.Must say I like the idea of a different exhaust pipe, how much were you stung for yours Garry ?

Retail is about $1300 for the Akrapovic YJ

2bjr
    Participant

What 😕 😕 And if you buy only one 😕 😐Not for me. 😛

janejohnstewart
    Participant

… from the factory …

So you agree that it's a marketing ploy.

2bjr
    Participant

😡 😡

Jim Young
    Participant

Phew at that price will have to search the net  😐

Mornay Maree
    Participant

I spoke with Experience BMW and they told me that the explorer wont be coming to NZ? 😕

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I spoke with Experience BMW and they told me that the explorer wont be coming to NZ? 😕

As far as I know it's intended for the Dutch market only.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.