Home Forums Members new member

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

kia ora, koutou katoa. yup i'm back after being "away" for a couple of months.the F1GP end september in Singapore was awesome, albeit the usual teething problem of an inaugural event. and it was a brilliant night race too, a world first for formula1.and...my 2009 F650GS arrived on 09jan. since then, have done the BRONZ course and been riding a couple of times with KiwiBiker members on their wednesday night outings.have so far clocked just over 1,000km. it's great to be back on a motorcycle again after 15 years. definitely no regrets switching to BMW after many many years a Honda fan. too bad Blue Wing wouldn't bring in a Deauville for me.mean time, thank you all for making me feel very welcome at the lunch ride to Dragonfly Cafe, Matakana, two days back. a great bunch indeed.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Can't believe you gave up a Sachs MadAss to ride the 650. The MadAss is fun factor, if not the coolest bike on 2 wheels.I had an 800ST, it had serious cool factor, but looked a bit too metrosexual for me. I don't wax my legs, so the 800 had to go.Ka kite a popo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

tena koe, Daffynope, i haven't given up me Sachs50. still ride it to the local community hall (Rose Centre, Belmont) twice a-week where i'm a volunteer ESOL tutor. and to takapuna/devonport shops, of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

oops…sorry, Daffy.just realised you're in Christchurch. should have checked first. my mentioning Belmont, Takapuna , etc, would surely carry no meaning to you. just like if you were to describe the suburbs or Cashmere or the like.

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Randomly, I have lived in Belmont, Takapuna, Devonport, Glenfield and Sunnynook.This was all pre Madass, I have lived down here for a few years.Yup, the MAdass is just the beasty for cruising to Sierra Coffee in Hurstmere Rd.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Daffy, it's safe to come out of the closet, you're among friends and I'm sure no one will  think bad of you if you fess up to being a metrosexual with smooooth legs.  I'm sure the wax was the same colour as your GS1150 tank last time we spoke about man things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi Daffy,just to let you know that there are also Sierra Coffee outlets at Barry's Point and Victoria Road now. so, three shops altogether within the 5-km Takapuna-Devonport radius. there must be money to be made in that black stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

re: lunch at Shelly Beach Cafe (05apr09)sorry i couldn't join you good people on that apres-dejeuner ride. forgot i had another appointment in the afternoon.ya, the food wasn't exactly gourmet but the the company was nice. thank you all.

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice to meet you and I like the colour of your new 650GS, looks very nice.See you on another club ride.  🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you kindly. unfortunately, will have to give the Kawhia day-trip on 19Apr a miss as i will be chasing deer at the Tarawera Ranges over that weekend.but i hope to see some of you again at the Tuakau lunch next month, god willing.regards,Shah

Anonymous
    Inactive

a thousand apologies, but could not make the ride to Tuakau this afternoon as i had said i would. maybe next time…trust everyone had a good day out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

really glad i made it to Raglan this afternoon, after missing out on Kawhia, Tuakau and Leigh the last two months. lovely ride too.happy to meet your acquaintance Barry & Anne, and Ted and Chris, Graeme, Jimmy. sure was nice to see the good people i met at the Dragonfly Cafe, Matakana - my first rendezvous with BMWOR. and those at Shelly Beach Cafe some weeks back.regards,Shah

Dave Ross

Good to have seen you today, sorry I didn't chance to catch up with you. We had perfect riding weather and very much enjoyed the day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you all for an enjoyable ride today. great company too.appreciate you calling me over, Peter. there were so many groups when i got to BP Papakura around 8am, so i wasn't sure which one was BMWOR.thank you kindly, Danny, for your concern. yah, it's different riding in New Zealand, especially in winter. never had to bother with ice on the road in Singapore.my first register ride, but certainly won't be the last.regards,Shah

Anonymous
    Inactive

bought a “BMW F800GS Adventure Touring Instructional DVD” by GlobeRiders's Helge Pedersen recently. viewed twice. not bad, but not really what i expected. didn't really enjoy it; perhaps someone else might. does anybody want it for half retail? $30 plus p&p that is.hope you good people enjoyed the last register ride to Orua Bird Park.cheers,Shah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.