Home Forums Members new member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

kia ora. ka mihinui ki a koutou katoa. tena koutou tena koutou tena koutou.greetings everyone. am just getting back into motorcycling after 15 years. bought a Sachs MadAss50 a couple of months back on my class1 licence while going through the procedure of converting my class2 Singapore licence to a class6 NZ licence.well, i got it now. so after an on-line chat with Alex Breig, i ended up contacting Henry Plowright of ExcellenceBMW. and before you know it, i've made a deposit on a motorcycle. haven't decided between an F800ST and an F650GS though. sigh. decisions, decisions...

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum. You've got a tough decision to make  :-D, which bike to buy.  I am sure you'll make the right one.

Anonymous

and so…an F650GS it is. will have to wait a couple of weeks because ExperienceBMW doesn't have any in stock. just as well as i'm soon off to Singapore for its inaugural Formula One GP. the first in the world for a night race too. hope to join you good folks on lunch rides when i've taken delivery.

Dave Morris
    Participant

and so...an F650GS it is. will have to wait a couple of weeks because ExperienceBMW doesn't have any in stock. just as well as i'm soon off to Singapore for its inaugural Formula One GP. the first in the world for a night race too. hope to join you good folks on lunch rides when i've taken delivery.

we do have more than one bike shop in New Zealand that sells BMW's

Anonymous

kia ora, Steve.Bi must say i didn't know that. thanks for the tip. but where are they in auckland? i'd like to see what they have.i had googled "bmw motorcycles in auckland" and found only ExperienceBMW websites. (it's true though that i didn't go beyond page3).

honeybear.2399
    Participant

and so...an F650GS it is. will have to wait a couple of weeks because ExperienceBMW doesn't have any in stock. just as well as i'm soon off to Singapore for its inaugural Formula One GP. the first in the world for a night race too. hope to join you good folks on lunch rides when i've taken delivery.

Try "Mount Motor Cycles ltd" at Mt Maunganui  ph 075754190 They also supply great service  Phil

Anonymous

thanks, Philwill do that the next time i visit Tauranga.

Dave Morris
    Participant

and Hamilton Motorcycles in Hamilton  Pete or Heath  ph 07 8491919them and Mount motorcycles all give great service. Many Jaffa's head sth in the weekend for day ride and a look around the 3 bike shops on Te Rapa RoadSteve

Anonymous

thank you kindly, Steve.Banother shop to visit i reckon.

Anonymous

greetings everyone,i'm told the variable top box for the F650GS costs $1,000. sure it's flash and all, but it does seem abit much for just a pretty plastic box.i'm curious to know what other F650GS owners use for luggage if its not standard BMW stuff.many thanks.

Dave Morris
    Participant

BMW luggage is a waste of time on the older bikes.  Over priced, not big enuf with gimmicks. Good to see they finally woke up and on 1200 adv are using the decent stuff. Even bringing this from germany it is worth the cost. I am not that keen on top boxs as puts weight high up at the rear of bike taking weight off front wheel. Roll bag is better. I know not lockable but u reallyshould carry valubles with you. http://www.touratech.de

Anonymous

have taken your advice and ordered a catalogue from Touratech AG.

Dave Morris
    Participant

have taken your advice and ordered a catalogue from Touratech AG.

u can search online. was not impressed with there tankbag i bought recentlyso sold it..  Buy from the cherman as they take off VAT. also tell them to pack as tight as possible eg pannier liner bags inside panniers as waste of freight you are paying for if they make a huge box 

Graeme Bergh
    Participant

I used to own a 650 GS and Givi make a great top box and mounting plate for this model at an affordable price. Go in and google givi.it

Anonymous

yup, will look at Givi too. kia ora, Rangi.i see that you ride an F800ST now. had really wanted that one but i found the pegs in my way when i try to put my feet down flat. even with low seat and low suspension.and i'm just not used to that sport riding position; although i concede it will be more comfortable than being upright when riding fast.that's why i eventually decided on the latest model F650GS instead of an F800ST. really nice ergonomic...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.