Home Forums Members New Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi allNew Member with an F800ST  😀Had the bike for a year but thought it time I came and played with the locals instead of the international forums!

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Well, I hope you'll enjoy it here. I see that you are in Wellywood, so it's not likely I'll see you on a ride. Not on a road ride anyway. How are you enjoying the St?

Robert George
    Participant

Love the ST  😀 Best thing about it is the economy especially with todays fuel prices.. 24.4 km average on a recent 1200km trip.Mind you been looking at the R1200R with some interest lately but maybe next year..Looking forward to meeting up on some of the rides, met a bunch a month or so back in Eketahuna and had a brief chat but thought it was worth waiting until the new finanicial year to join !

Graeme Bergh
    Participant

Hello thereWelcome fellow 800ST rider. Feel free to give us a call and catch up for a coffee if you're ever in Hawkes Bay.RegardsNorm 😎

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Kia Ora I had an 800ST for a few months, and the best thing about it was the huge fuel economy. Oh, and the awesome panniers. And the stunning great looks. And the very comfortable riding position. And the superb handling. And the Jap-slayer performance.Apart from those things, it was pretty average.I have an 1150GS now, as gravel roads are great, but I'll always speak well of the 800ST.Welcome to the forum.Ka kite. 🙄

Anonymous

Hi and welcome. Most of us moved up to a real BMW bike (boxer) but some do take awhile 🙄  😀 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, you don't have a real BMW. Your bike is good looking, economical, light, powerful, handles well and is incredibly comfortable. I have to get one of those. Hang on, I've got one. And what a wonderful bike. Improve the suspension, ABS and put a bigger motor in it and I'd have my dream bike. F1000... ahhhhh.You can get real passionate about bikes and we all have our favourites. It seems to me the question isn't which bike is better?... it's more that having a bike is better. That's a great bike you have there and hopefully I'll bump into you at some stage. I'll be in Wellington before year end because I'm taking my partner to dinner at "Siem Reap", one of the best restaurants in New Zealand and it just happens to be in Wellington. Last time we rode over for dinner they were booked out and then closed. So all we need to do is book early and make sure we get there.For those of you in Wellington if you haven't been there... the food is stunning. So much so that we'll do a special bike trip down from Auckland just for dinner when it warms up a bit.

Robert George
    Participant

Well I have been looking at a 1200R just lately but F800 has better fuel economy, not important you say, wait till it goes to $2.50 a Litre in a few weeks! Maybe next year I may get a boxer 🙂

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

The F800 is an excellent bike, with great fuel economy. A boxer maybe easier to service yourself, but I am not so sure about the 1200 series.The R1200R is rated very highly in Europe. In NZ you rarely see them, come to think of it, they only ones I see are at Experience.

Robert George
    Participant

Yeah well as we poor Wellingtonions dont even have a dealer now I may need to go to expereince to get one next year!Europe and the states seem to have better range of coulours on the 1200R as well.If I could grow 5 inches taller I would choose the 1200S  🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

And 5 inches thicker in the wallet!

Dave Morris
    Participant

Hi and welcome. Most of us moved up to a real BMW bike (boxer) but some do take awhile 🙄  😀 

hey dean. I did not know that you had finally bought a real bike (airhead)

Anonymous

hey dean. I did not know that you had finally bought a real bike (airhead)

I live for the future not the past. I was down your way on Thursday on the bike. Man was it cold down in the swamp country. When I left home it was 15 and got to the bottom of the Bombay's and it was 3

Dave Morris
    Participant

how did u no the temperature.real men don't ride bikes with all that computerised rubbish.geez next thing ya tell me ya got a GPS so ya don't get lost in this HUUUUUge country we live in :mrgreen:

Robin
    Participant

Welcome, Kiwiking to the site. Might get to see you on a run sometime as I am in Wellington. Trouble is, I am on the road with work and tend to miss out on our runs. One of our other members here has a blue F800 too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.