Home Forums General Discussion new lowrider F800GS

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think some skateboard wheels attached under frame may assist in getting home :'(

Robin
    Participant

Owch!

Anonymous

Looks like one of Garry's mates has been using it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

metal is replaceable (only hope their lead times for parts are better than my current experiences)! how is the body, more importantly?

Mark Mackay
    Participant

I heard they had steering head bearing problems but this must be the worst case yet.

Dave Morris
    Participant

im having some real problems with parts. 2 weeks in a row I have rung the UK on a Monday evening and ordered parts and they don't arrive to Saturday morning at 8am. to make it worse and to add insult they are 1/4 of the price here.the internet is just a nuisance

Anonymous

I've come to realise that is a BMW problem, buying parts every week.Bwah, hah, hah, hah! ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

My latest joy was a clutch lever on Friday. Motomart didn't have, Auckland didn't have, BMW NZ didn't have. This is on a GSA, you'd think they'd keep levers handy for adventure bikes? Apparently not…Fortunately Motomart had the same bike in their lockup and could steal the lever off it for me...Cheers BMW  ???

Anonymous
    Inactive

So are you going to tell us all how that clutch lever got broke!!!! It's a good story 🙂 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

So are you going to tell us all how that clutch lever got broke!!!! It's a good story 🙂 🙂

Maybe for those that weren't breaking the lever  😮Just need to figure out some video editing to get the right piece of video. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I have no idea what a moving picture would be worth. Further viewing of the video suggests some light coloured crap (possibly from the bank) on the road which may have contributed to the loss of traction...  :-[

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, this is surprising. I thought we were rough on our bikes, but I've never seen anyone break an 800's back! Respect!We also have problem with parts at times, so my condolences there. I waited 2 weeks for a few silly bits as well last year, and it really messed around with my riding time. Condolences to all that are left watching TV.

Clive Lawrence
    Participant

Hey all,Just to add my bit to the cost of parts... was having a talk to the guys at motomart and they past the good new that the NZ supplier of BMW parts looked like they were going to keep putting the prices up.  It may come down to our friendly bike shops passing on the price hikes.Seems to be a normal story, and working in a government agency, I know that once you have signed the line for a supplier that it's a tough one to then get out of that contract. Yes, even if a search online means we can find it cheaper.They even gave me the advice that if I could get a better deal myself, then get the parts and they would fit it.As we are all doing.. I'm keeping my eye out it I need a part in the future.Cheers all

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome… BMW NZ hands off parts to Salero (of Triumph/Aprilia/et al infamy). NZ community collectively facepalms.Salero pushes prices up... and we like it or lump it...Future news: BMW scratches their head... their market share has slumped...

Anonymous

Entrepreneurship in NZ appears to be all about importing and retailing products for which consumers have a “must needs” obsession without providing any infrastructure to support the maintenance of those “must needs” possessions.By and large we don't generate enough business for the manufacturers to provide after-sales support, so we are at the mercy of the importers. They are, of course, driven by their own commercial imperatives. Which don't necessarily include supporting your toy long-term.Such a small country, so many flash brand opportunities for entrepreneurs, so many mugginses stuck without workshop and parts back up. When the punters stop buying Aprilias for lack of support, well, change to selling them Bee-ems. When the punters stop buying Bee-ems.........................Cheers from just another Muggins!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.