Home Forums General Discussion New forum format

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the new format. It’s a good excuse to try out the features. Let me know what you think. There are a few items that will need tweeking, but I am sure we’ll get there. 😀 Those smilies need updating 🙂

Anonymous

Alex New site is great. 😉

I hope the Auckland cool list riders will put there rides on this site as that's the only way I will know that a ride is on. 8)

Dave Ross

Well, it’s up to them. I am sure people will use it eventually. I’ve got holidays coming up and maybe we’ll get in a gravel ride. TonyS also has a GS, maybe he’ll come along.

Brian
    Participant

It was a surprise to see the new format. I like it and found it very easy to use. Keep up the good work.

Theo.Duy
    Participant

Good work. A suggestion: a button to click at bottom of the page to ‘take the viewer to the top’ again would be useful. Cheers.

Dave Ross
    peter ST wrote:
    Good work. A suggestion: a button to click at bottom of the page to ‘take the viewer to the top’ again would be useful. Cheers.

You mean like the one in the left bottom corner?
    Robin
    Participant

i just lately there are advertising “pop-ups” jumping out at me, on words with an underline. Is this something that come's with the site conditions? Otherwise what's happening?

Anonymous

Please notify me of any examples of this.  Info that would be handy:

• Date/time.
    • Your operating system and browser versions would be a bonus: if I spot you online I can grab them out of the back-end of the Forum if I'm talking Greek at you
    • URL copied and pasted from the address bar of the browser of our Forum, so I know exactly what page you were on.
    • The underlined word that provokes the pop-up.
    • URL of the pop-up if it causes a new window to open (or indeed if the address changes in the address bar when the pop-up occurs

This definitely shouldn't be happening: certainly I haven't seen any evidence of it.  Does it only affect our site, or have you encountered it with other sites?  If the latter, guess who has the problem!

Robin
    Participant

Reference your message above:Before I logged in it was the first word "Please". After I logged in it was the frist "You"  in the second sentence. Both instances in the red font. Now when I scroll down while creating this reply, - nothing.Date/time is recorded in the 'header' for this reply.Operating system Windows Vista. Browser unknown.URL as above(Current) underlined word is YOU.No new URL pop-up.I will catch a Ctrl - Print Screen on the next one I find.Before I came to BMWOR, I was inanother web site for a Wellington organisation and they had the same thing. (Could be my problem, huh?)

Anonymous

My best guess is that something in your web browser is underlining “wiki words” and suggesting “related topics”.  I've seen a few browser helpers touted as doing that: in fact I think one version of Internet Explorer had something built into it like that.  (And I've seen extensions for Firefox that are supposed to do the same thing.)I'd regard it as a self-inflicted virus, and go searching for a way to turn it off.  (Also crapware like Incredimail, yahoo toolbar, google toolbar, ask.com toolbar etc, etc.)Try Google Chrome as a browser, see if you have the problem in that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.