Home Forums General Discussion New F800GS at Experience

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looks good apart from the centre stand looking like a bent coathanger  🙄Best colour too

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Looks good apart from the centre stand looking like a bent coathanger  🙄Best colour too

That centrestand looks even worse in the flesh

Dave Ross

That centrestand looks even worse in the flesh

That centrestand is very similar to the one on my R80. It's meant to hold the bike upright, not make a fashion statement.

David
    Participant

That does not give me an erictin.  😥 A GSA might but is too heavy to keep it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had a test ride also on the F800GS. Feels great; nice engine, sounds almost boxer-ish and comfy upright riding position. Nice to stand up on the pegs, even while going at open road speeds, the tall seat comfy for a 6 footer. A bit hard to make intelligent opinions, since more used to the K1200GT of late. Touratech have 2 screen extension options now – one lockable and one not: this means riding to your 'adventure' with the screen tall then clipping ot off for the 'normal' lower screen to ride off-road. BMW are due to release a more permanent tall screen option also. Experience also have the new Scott-Oiler designed specifically for the F650 and F800 chains- saw this today .. a good idea for one used to shaft drives. Have ordered the black+yellow one, due to arrive in November. Peter GT

Anonymous

Sounds great Peter. I can see some gravel rides coming soon.I have plans to go below.http://www.adventurerides.co.nz/images/Safari%20Brochure%20&%20Entry.pdfNew Zealand’s headline dual sport adventure ride will be held at Hanmer Springs from January 10-12 2009. Yamaha Motor New Zealand’s Peter Payne said the new venue was an ideal choice for the 2009 Yamaha South Island Safari, as it combined a popular destination, and great adventure riding.Safari organiser Mike Britton of NZ Motorcycle Adventures and his team have three full days of adventure in the pipeline, with routes planned, north, south and east of Hanmer Srings and with private hot pools on site, and the larger Springs thermal pools complex directly across the road, riders will be able to soak away the dust and aches.‘This year the base Mackenzie Safari course was definitely big bike friendly,’ says Mike Britton, who stressed that the chief emphasis for 2009 will be providing another varied ride suitable for large dual purpose bikes, with additional options for lighter road legal trail machines.Mike and the team will again be using Yamaha XT660 dual purpose bikes to plan the route. “Some people think that we mark the ride on our High Country Trailride WR guide bikes, explains Mike. ‘That’s not the case, every metre of the last Safari was plotted on the big XT 660 R dual purpose machines, even the trail options. Each day of the Yamaha Safari riders will cover about 300km of terrain ranging from; tar seal, gravel, and 4x4 station tracks. The event is entirely non competitive, with riders navigating via prepared route strips, which give directions at each turn.To cater for riders of big and small road legal dual purpose bikes, the course is planned around a base route. In addition, each day riders can choose several more challenging trail options, as their mood and fitness suggests.Entry details will be available soon at Yamaha Dealers and in Kiwi Rider or go to http://www.nzadventurerides.co.nzPhone enquiries call Mike on 07 8556132. Mobile (021) 284 9047

Dave Morris
    Participant

Had a test ride also on the F800GS. Feels great; nice engine, sounds almost boxer-ish and comfy upright riding position. Peter GT

a paralel twin sounding like a boxer. tell us wearing ya buying ya drugs 👿

Anonymous

Had a test ride also on the F800GS. Feels great; nice engine, sounds almost boxer-ish and comfy upright riding position. Peter GT

a paralel twin sounding like a boxer. tell us wearing ya buying ya drugs 👿

He gets them free 😀 Really he wants a boxer 😮

Arne Rohde
    Participant

BMW are due to release a more permanent tall screen option also.

BMW already have a taller screen, the touring screen, with a bracket to stop it from waving around too much at the top. Cost is upwards of $1000.

Experience also have the new Scott-Oiler designed specifically for the F650 and F800 chains- saw this today .. a good idea for one used to shaft drives.

I've had Scottoilers on two bikes, and didn't like it on either of them. Very difficult to get the oil feed set correctly, and then conditions change. It keeps feeding while you are standing still, and feeds the same amount whether you are travelling at 10km/h or 110km/h. You also need to buy the special oil. So this time I fitted a Pro-oiler, from http://www.pro-oiler.com/. You can use almost any oil, and have buttons to set the exact amount of oil to feed. It feeds oil dependent on distance, not on time, and uses much less oil than the Scottoilers. Scottoilers are cheaper, but not by much, and they are easier to install. But I won't be using them again.Good luck with the new bike. Keep adding extras, and it'll end up being as expensive as the GT.  😀

Jim Young
    Participant

You are not going to lower yourself by going on a ride organised by Yamaha are you Dean ?  🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Organised” rides don't fit the “Adventure” doctrine.

Dave Ross
    Anonymous

You are not going to lower yourself by going on a ride organised by Yamaha are you Dean ?  🙄

Too right. This will be my second Yamaha 3 day ride. 😎 Being an X Yamaha owner of twenty years I think I have some history. 👿 As for BMW Australia pulling all the sponsor ship money out of NZ 😐

Anonymous

"Organised" rides don't fit the "Adventure" doctrine.

That is Dave the Yank doctrin. :mrgreen: If you want to see the back country of NZ you have to go on the organised rides.  8-)Farmers are not going to open up there land for just any one on there "Adventure" 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

For info on bits and pieces for the F800GS you can try the F800 forum http://www.f800riders.org

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.