Home Forums General Discussion New BMW Scooter

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think the reason for no helmet is the double shoulder and lap seat belt as well as the “protection cage” and side bars.I think all convertible owners should be forced to wear helmets as well in that case !!! eh Dean.

Anonymous

Dean. I have no problem if you any person does want to wear a helmet. I ony have two conditions that must be met. 1. Shoud you fall off and get a head injury, no hospital treatment, no nothing from the state.2. I/We not have to be the one to tell your loved ones that you are dead or seriously injured. Listening to them cry, snivvle or blubber, wale is rather annoying to our ears and we something we should not have to put up. Every time we contact them during the future investigation they cry and that really does ya head in.

Steve, I notice that your written language gets wussa and wussa when you become more impassioned about people's vehicular madness. My guess is that if the rest of us remembered, when you ignite online, that you are one of the poor souls that has had to use the brush and shovel to scrape Darwin's less successful motorists off our roads, then we probably wouldn't be so keen on winding you up.The librarian and I are spending the weekend at Whangarei Heads, left 'Rewa Hard at 1530 yeterday and parked up at the park at the Heads at 1830. In that time, and in that distance, we came across a poor dude at Ruakaka that was forced to dive into the drain to make room for a couple of eejits that were bulldozing through traffic in a race to the graveyard (I'd let them past my Cherman Vauxhall/Holden some 20kms before, because I figured I'd be a lot safer behind them than in front of them). Then we just missed getting involved in a head-on at Mcleods Bay. The car on the wrong side of the road that put the other one in the tide had all the gear: big as drainpipe exhaust, bald tyres, and the imprint of the other unfortunate vehicle between his headlights. That one took the poor bloody (literally) Police, Ambos and Fire until 2230 to clean up.Bets me how humans ever evolved, the way they are devolving now. Maybe Darwin IS horse patooties after all, and the God-botherers are right - perhaps this is the end of times. Henry Ford as Satan............. 

Dave Ross

NZ is the freest country in the world and we need to keep our individualist attitude

I think that would be Somalia 🙂

honeybear.2399
    Participant

how come some of you guys edit your posts. I know why hahahahahahaha

Why?

Dave Morris
    Participant

I think all convertible owners should be forced to wear helmets as well in that case !!! eh Dean.

you would have to be bloody stupid to own a convertible in this country with the feeckle weather we have or the UV rays in the sun these days.although most convertible owners appear to fit into 3 cats- female- rather limp wristed or sad old men with gold chains around their necks. 

Dave Morris
    Participant

Why?

maybe Brucie could explain as he appears to see the big picture.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hey dinger, on occasions some of us notice that we've made a speling mistake or a grammaticle error  👿

Anonymous

Why?

maybe Brucie could explain as he appears to see the big picture.

I can't speak for others, but I do wish to retract what I said earlier about who done wot to whom on Whangarei Heads Rd, 'cos I jumped to a wrong conclusion based on what little I saw of the accident site (Because I was mostly watching the road to avoid being the next accident).The thug looking Subaru with the imprint between the headlights was the innocent party. The other vehicle, which was on the beach with one x dead, two x seriously injured and one incredibly lucky unharmed was the buggar thaat crossed the centreline. Locals are blaming the road: another of NZ's "killer roads". Yeah, right! Like it jumps and bucks and makes vehicles crash into each other. My apologies for fibbing earlier. My bad - I am old enough to know not to jump to conclusions.

Dave Ross

cos I jumped to a wrong conclusion

Easily done, I am rather good at it myself and should know better.

Anonymous

I think all convertible owners should be forced to wear helmets as well in that case !!! eh Dean.

you would have to be bloody stupid to own a convertible in this country with the feeckle weather we have or the UV rays in the sun these days.although most convertible owners appear to fit into 3 cats- female- rather limp wristed or sad old men with gold chains around their necks. 

You are an one eyed old fart 🙄

Robin
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.