Home Forums Members New

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

HejI am from Sweden, we have 2 BMW s in the family.Our son Mats is coming to NZ soon and he is not bringing a bike.He is staying for 6-12 m.He needs to find a good bike, F650 or bigger.He rides a R1100S in Sweden.It is not easy to put bids on used bikes that you can not look at.There is a good price on a new 650 at a BMW store less than 10.000how come? some hidden cost?My wife and I are planning to visit Mats this summer and we hope we can do some leftside driving, like I used to when I was young and riding Husqvarna 175 cc.Kurt

Dave Ross

Hi Kurt, welcome to the forum. When you say new F650GS, are you talking about the latest model? I can't imagine that they can be had for less that 10000 dollars. Experience BMW have a number of F650s for sale. Alternatively you can have a look at our local auction site called trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz, there are always soem F650s for sale.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

The TradeMe terms and conditions state that you cannot buy and sell unless you are resident in Australia or New Zealand. And special rules apply for Australians. However, I know someone in Europe who has joined as a member so they can maintain a watchlist. Sooner or later their membership will probably be terminated, though.Most motorcycle dealers use the Motorcycle Trader site instead of or as well as TradeMe. They are at http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/ Currently there are about 16 F650s for sale on Motorcycle Trader.On TradeMe you  have to distingush between bikes with a fixed price, and bikes at auction with a starting bid value. The starting bid is often different from the reserve, or minimum sale price.Kurt, where did you find the new 650 for less than $10,000?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tank you At Mount MC,  Bay of Plenty.A G650X -08, for the price 9995.It is o good price if the bike is new.A good used bike for a good price is better. We will look at the tradesites.There might be a problem to buy privat then I will have to use my Visacard från Sweden.Kurt

Anonymous
    Inactive

At Mount MC,  Bay of Plenty.A G650X -08, for the price 9995.I was over there on new years and yes they were around that price but I'm not to sure how many they had, 1 International ph call will sort it out good luckKev

Arne Rohde
    Participant

According to the Mount Motorcycles Christmas Newsletter the G650X bikes had special pricing until December 24. But I see they still have the X-Challenge at $9995 on the Motorcycle Trader web site. They will be closed tomorrow (Monday, Anniversary day) but I can call them on Tuesday and ask if it's still available.With a new bike you have to add the cost of registration, about $300 to $350.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tanks for your reply. It will be an easy way for me to  know if the 9995 price i still good.I think that Mats will need an adress in NZ before he can be an owner?He is using a work and travelvisa and will be offerd 2-3 jobs, so it migth take some days before he knows where to stay.I saw that there was an older bike a Scarver i Northland for 5295 at a Suzuki comp.Do you have problems with the drivingbelt and gravel?Kurt

Dave Ross

We used ot have a Scarver, and yes, the belt is unsuitable for gravel. The later model Scarvers had a slightly better cover on the belt. Ours was an older model and ended up with three punctures in the belt.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Kurt, the new bike at Mount Motorcycles has been sold. I have sent an email to your hotmail address with some other options.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the emailMats is skiing now in Tärnaby.He will be back on monday, you will get a new answer then.Kurt

Anonymous
    Inactive

I been in contact with BMW in Hamilton and Mats will look at the used F650GS that they have on sale.If you have any hints please let us know.Kurt

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kurt, the new bike at Mount Motorcycles has been sold. I have sent an email to your hotmail address with some other options.

HejMats is now in Kerikeri he will have a look at the 650GS i Hamilton.Kurt

Dave Ross

Experience BMW in Auckland have a few F650GS for sale.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HejMats is now the owner of F650GS, he is back in Kerikeri now, wating for the picking to start.Kurt

Dave Ross

Looks like he is all set. I am sure he will enjoy his time here. Picking is hard work though. However, he is in a beautiful area to do his work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.