Home Forums General Discussion Monthly Committee Meetings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Is it possible to change the monthly advertised “Committee Meeting” to include “and Clubnight” so new members can enjoy guest speakers and other items of interest too. 😉

David
    Participant

Anyone can go, even the guys from the South Island who help pay for it and get nothing 🙂"Committee Meeting" is a euphemism for old Auckland members who have a get together once a month at other club members expense.While you're there, see how many other attendees you recognise from the club rides each month?  👿

Anonymous

Very true, Dick, but the situation is being addressed, so it behooves everyone that has issues with the current constitution to speak their bit during the debate.It would be fair to say that the "Committee Meeting" is the way it is because the membership by and large has been satisfied with it, otherwise the winds of change would already have blown.  I am old, but I am not a complete dinosaur: I think the Register should have an executive committee, and I definitely do not think any member of the Register should be disqualified because of the place they are domiciled.  What does worry me is the time it takes to change the rules of an Incorporated Society - my other foot may slip off the edge and fall into the grave before we finish the process................... 🙁

Murray
    Participant

What does worry me is the time it takes to change the rules of an Incorporated Society

Actually, that's not that difficult to deal with. Don't croak on us just yet B  😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.