Home Forums Ride Reports Metal, what metal…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We took the DR out for a blow today.  After seeing Alex's shots of the Rally cars last weekend we figured we'd take a look at some of the roads used by the cars and use that as an excuse to call in at the Puhoi for lunch.  Well there was little metal to be seen anywhere, the roads were swept clean and almost like tar seal except where there was still some run off making for a slightly slippery surface.  The Puhoi was moderately busy and we had only just ordered and were waiting for our lunch when Dave and Barbara arrived on the 1150.  We spent a pleasant hour chatting in the struggling winter sun before leaving for home via the old highway to Albany where we waved goodbye. Good to see you there guys, nice to go out for a run and meet up with friendly faces.puhoi.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm surprised Barron Von Red hasn't made a comment on here along the lines of “why would anyone be surprised to see Dave at the Puhoi ” Ha HaWell met Malcolm,it is always nice to see someone we know up there to share a glass of the Amber Nectar with.It was our wedding anniversary on Sunday and I was totally oblivious of the date but my Daughters soon reminded me of it late afternoon when they sat down for the tradditional Sunday gathering of the clans over a roast dinner. No harm done though,we had a great day out,dropped the roof down on the mazda in the morning and cruised into the new Silopark area of Auckland Harbour and had breakfast at "Jack Tarr's". Then had a lovely walk in the sunshine all the way round the harbour front admiring the floating gin palaces.When we got home Barb was keen to blow the cobwebs off the GS and have a tootle up to the Puhoi..I love that section of coast rd from Orewa up through Hatfields and down to Puhoi,I never tire of seeing the view and the twisty bit is great fun in the car, or on the bike,so pleased I didn't leave it much later to come home though,three fingers on my throttle hand had died by the time I got back.That breeze was uncommonly cold on Sunday afternoon, the guys kite surfing on Orewa beach must have had anti freeze in their veins...or was it their brains.....

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.