Home Forums Rides Calendar Lunch Ride to Wharepapa South.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sun 19 Dec 10 Papakura 0930Lunch at Wharepapa South - bring your own rock-climbing gear.Should be an interesting navigational exercise for me: this is a cafe I always hit by mistake, when I was aiming for another road.  Using it as a destination should provide stress, but the Waikato has good roads to ride, even if you are geographically challenged at the moment.

Anonymous

I pulled the plug on this one because of the weather.  I couldn't see the point of the hazard involved in taking a group over the distance just to prove how tough we are, with wind, rain, slick roads and the great unwashed in their cages to be contended with.Tony and Campbell headed off to Wharepapa, and I asked them to convey my apologies to mine host there for our no-show.  I don't know how far they persisted with their plan: moments after they left the heavens opened, big time.The other enthusiasts headed off for a suburban brunch, I'm back on the keyboard about to start for the Register what I didn't get done yesterday, when a nana-nap interrupted my plans after I came home from work.  (The nap lasted four hours, and going out to dins for the 40th anniversary died a natural death, for the same reason  :()

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Decision Bwucie,it will be interesting to hear tony's report on his new Strada jacket,because if it doesn't leak today it never will.I was delayed leaving B.P. as the lining in my right hand glove refused to to find its way back into all the fingers so I gave up and rode home Micheal Jackson stylie,boy was I glad of the hand gaurds on the GS,the rain was comming at me horizontally at one point it was like having a hydromassage.....So much for my new riding pants,I'm sure that every company that manufacures those things has a vindictive emplyee who pokes a pinhole in the crotch before they leave the factory.Dead pleased with my Sidi Canyon boots though my feet were lovely and dry.All in all I'm glad I made the effort to turn up because arrangements were made for team Red Barron to meet back at my place and pick up a rather dryer Babzee and go for a fully enclosed weatherproof drive in a fourwheel mobieel up to Orewa for lunch at the Ship and Anchor,good food,good service good company.Hopefully we can get the rock climbing gear out again later on in the year,theres plenty of Sundays left.If your a Turkey and your reading this,there is a party at my house on the 25th and you are invited to dinner,come early and just bring some cranberry sauce.......RegardsRincewind

Anonymous
    Inactive

After being house bound all saturday looking after the “pink” chores I was really looking forward to a run south with the lads. The weather forecast made this pretty much impossible for someone of my skill level so I headed to the rendezvous in the confines of the family Primera with TEC duties in mind . As written earlier Bwucie called time on the run and only the hardy Honda lads headed south for lunch. Bwucie headed for Rewa hard and the Red Barons headed north to Albany to the Rincewind residence. Barbara put on a hot cuppa to warm us up and before long we were heading towards Orewa for a great lunch at the Ship and Anchor. Since joining the register a year ago we have found everyone to be most welcoming and in Dave and Barbara we have found another two absolute corkers. Big thanks Team Rincewind.Cheers (hic)Herr and Frau Baron 🙂 🙂 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn't get wet at all 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn't get wet at all 🙂

Every cloud has a silver lining,I found it today,it was inside my jacket Ha ha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.