Home Forums Rides Calendar Lunch Ride to Smashed Pipi Café, Mangawhai. Sun 24 Jan 2010.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

There will be a group leaving from Starbucks, Westgate at 0930.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes please Bwucie, 2 thanks – looking forward to the run (and lunch). 😆

Anonymous

I turned up at Westgate with the weather looking dull and grey, expecting perhaps the faithful few. Paul and Wendy had left the Black GT parked outside, plus me made three. Another Eleven-hundy-ess, four, then we're ten, then as we are leaving Tony pulls the 650 into the column at the first roundabout, and we're away.Despite YoungJim's Geordie moaning, the rain wasn't bad (and you can't blame it on Dean, Y-J, 'cos he wasn't there: could be you're the Jonah.) Stopped at Wellsford for a coffee and lies. Mr Knutz tried Neko's Monsta for size - Neko was so worried she couldn't watch, except through eyes wide shut.MrKnutzontheMonsta.jpgWe headed to Kaiwaka via SH1 from Wellsford, then the magic little sweeper collection from Kaiwaka to Mangawhai. Lunches were duly ordered, and just as tucker started to arrive at the table Alex and Gerda rocked up to join us, happy campers they after their South Island trip. It would be tempting to say something rude about the next picture, which involves Gerda having a happy experience, but I'll refrain. Everybody wanted to order some of what she had (When Harry Met Sally Syndrome), but Smashed Pipi didn't have enough cats to go around.Gerdaandfelinefriend.jpgAnd there are a few more photos here: http://s960.photobucket.com/albums/ae90/bwucie/Smashed%20Pipi%20Lunch/For the faithful followers that headed back to the smoke via Wayby Valley behind Bwucie and Mr Knutz, Orewa Forty Flavours comprised the aftermatch function. A bike ride AND ice cream: gotta be good for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Bwucie – another great turnout and fun ride. Special thanks to Jim for providing a pair of earplugs for me to try – cheers Jim, worked a treat.

Jim Young
    Participant

Good ride Bwucie, even went on a road I had never been on before !!!!  😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

yum…seafood fritters at Mangawhai and jaffa milk shake at Orewa. what's on the menu this sunday at Awhitu?

Dave Ross

Good to meet all of you on Sunday. Thankfully the roads were dry on the return trip, so I could really enjoy riding without the extra luggage attached to the bike.

Anonymous

yum...seafood fritters at Mangawhai and jaffa milk shake at Orewa. what's on the menu this sunday at Awhitu?

The deal is you bring your own grub, or you can eat any fish you can catch outta the Manukau Harbour. Ice creams will definitely feature on the way home, and/or we could do a grocery run on the way home and drag the barbecue out at our place.I'm open to any other bright ideas, too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Shah – if you're keen for a run south this sunday, or for that matter anyone north of the bridge, how about meeting up at ours (Western Springs) then ride down SH1 to meet the others at BP Papakura for 10.00am.  😎

yum...seafood fritters at Mangawhai and jaffa milk shake at Orewa. what's on the menu this sunday at Awhitu?

Anonymous
    Inactive

sounds good. what's the rendezvous address? could e-mail: suria@ihug.co.nz or text to 021-14455647 if you prefer.

Hey Shah - if you're keen for a run south this sunday, or for that matter anyone north of the bridge, how about meeting up at ours (Western Springs) then ride down SH1 to meet the others at BP Papakura for 10.00am.  😎

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.