Home Forums Rides Calendar Lunch ride to Carriages Café, Kumeu, 09 May, 0930.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Leaving BP Papakura, because Starbucks at Westgate is within rock-throwing distance from Kumeu, and some of us will need a ride to feel right.  Or, if you want to make your own way, that'll be just fine, and we'll seeya there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even Kumeu is a poor 100kms from Puke so a meeting would be in order for me. Perhaps via Coatsville road The 100km rule tis pretty hard to break for me as become the custom. 🙄

Anonymous

New owners the food is not good. Bees on Line is much better just up the road

Anonymous
    Inactive

😀 I want to come 😮 do you pick me up in germany???:-D 🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice to catch up briefly with you all…. and me mum! What about Bwucie's morning tea??? Cheers Loins IMG_0774.jpg

Anonymous

New owners the food is not good. Bees on Line is much better just up the road

Fortunately this information was not correct, for today at least.I had totally overlooked Mothers Day when I set this date in the calendar, but the staff were doing an outstanding job getting food up to tables in timely fashion.  Good service, good food, good company, good entertainment (thanks, Henry Plowright, who we have discovered is a man of Principal - and that's a pun, not a spelling mistake.)  Stands to reason such a rascal needs to visit the Principal's office a lot.Tough luck for Jimmy, who lost all but first gear on his 650 on the Southern Motorway before we even started.  I offered to go get my cage and trailer, but he insisted he could get home in first gear OK.  (Maybe that way he won't drop his bike - which was the likely cause of his gearbox problems in the first place, but we needed Spy 13, Henry, to tell us that part of the story over lunch, before we understood it.)I have a couple more photos for later: at the moment it appears that Mothers Day is following the time zones around the world, and Photobucket is not playing nicely.

Anonymous

Loins's photo doesn't really show how unhappy I was about my bacon/egg panini and my mondo big carrot cake:00001-2.jpgAnd I was still unhappy when I had polished off my lunch and the Plowrights, the Red Baron and Team Foley were still paiting watiently for theirs - NOT! 😀00003-2.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.