Home Forums Members Lovin my first Beemer!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi All,After listening to a couple of existing BMWOR members I know raving on about their bikes for a year or two, I got sick of it and bought my own  😀 - a Green R1150 Rockster, and it rocks!It's a bit of a change from a Korean mid size cruiser. You know, small details like a suspension system that works, a front brake that doesn't require rigorous weight training on your fingers to activate, and a seat you can occupy for more than hour without feeling like your worst enemy has taken a sledgehammer to your tailbone.Thanks for the sell job you two, and you will know who you are - the grin on my face is fast becoming a permanent feature. Whoops, here it is again  😀 and again  😀Anybody planning to go to the Brass Money this year?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been riding a '74 R60/6 for the last 25 years and updated to a Rockster last spring, and WOW what a difference, I had to completely readjust my approach to riding.  The R60 (90BBY) is being refurbished as a project with my son who wants to study engineering.  It was a Chch bike previously owned by Ken Whybrow, Theo van der Viel and Jim Cross, if any of you guys are still out there.  I notice a rattle has developed in the Rockster, but have not yet determined if it is internal or external, comes on just off the idle then disappears, only 15K on the clock.  Cheers!

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forum. You made an excellent choice with your bike. I still have the grin you are talking about after 6 years of riding my GS. But I've learned to keep my mouth shut while riding.  😀

Murray
    Participant

After listening to a couple of existing BMWOR members I know raving on about their bikes for a year or two, I got sick of it and bought my own  😀 - a Green R1150 Rockster, and it rocks!

Good man  😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.