Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Looking for a loud horn

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Let them sleep, you are in less danger that way, they won't chase after you.    Have a great and safe Christmas everyone. May the wind always behind you and the sun on your face.  Regards Phil

2bjr
    Participant

I will still go for the 1200RT horn. That sounds OK. But it is on the 2005 model.

Anonymous

Alex, Congratulations! So much noise in response to a question about noise.Again, I want to join the R1100S Solidarity Group, and endorse Phil's wishes that you may all enjoy a splendid festive season. May you all stay shiny side up (except, of course, for you dual purpose and off road dudes, who apparently enjoy arseing off more when the mud and/or water is deeper and stickier [thank goodness I got that out of my system when I was still young enough to bounce with relative impunity]).Special, special thanks to all past and present officers of the Register, and the Administrators of the website: GOODONYA!!Ciao for now,Bwucie. 😉

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Yep, a bit of fun doesn't hurt. We are having a German Christmas this year. My parents are over from Germany and my mum and daughter have been busy baking. The weather is a bit of a bummer at the moment, but I am sure it will come right. Have an excellent Christmas and a successful and happy New Year. Although I enjoy gravel as much as the next person I still like to keep the wheel pointing downwards. I'll leave the falling off to others (knock on wood)

Murray
    Participant

I'll leave the falling off to others (knock on wood)

That'd be me then  🙄 Old story Alex, if you're upright all the time you're just not trying hard enough Alex  😀  😀  😀Merry Christmas and a very happy, safe and peacful New Year to you all, Mudbunnies or otherwise  😎

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Sorry I can't go along with (you are not a motorcyclist till you have fallen off) The idea is to get around the corner, not fall off half way round. Sure offroad is something else, but you still need to finish, or else whats the point. To me is like saying you have  not had a good night out, if you can still remember it in the morning.    👿  Phil

Murray
    Participant

Sorry I can't go along with (you are not a motorcyclist till you have fallen off) The idea is to get around the corner, not fall off half way round. Sure offroad is something else, but you still need to finish, or else whats the point. To me is like saying you have  not had a good night out, if you can still remember it in the morning.    :evil:  Phil

Relax Phil - not equating falling off = being a motorcylist at all - frivilous humour specific to Alex and offroading (multiple smileys sort of give it away a bit). Now - what happened last night? I can't remember - so it must have been good  👿

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Sorry what was that you said last nigth?????????????????????????????????????????????  Lihp

Dion Dunlop
    Participant

I fitted a small car alarm siren to my bike.  This is loud enough to wake anyone and was very effective in parting traffic when riding through Cairo.  I took the 'live' wire to the normal horn to a normal 'on/on' switch.  This then feeds the horn or the siren.  I leave it on the horn setting for WOF and flick to siren when in cities.

Dion Dunlop
    Participant

Just saw this on TraceyPriers website:http://www.myr1100rtp.netfirms.com/airhorn.htm

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Hi Bwucie. Where is the horn button on the r1100 ? never bother to use horn on M/C so don't see what all the fuss is about, if someone gets my way I ride round them, it's worked for the last 52 years.   :roll:  Phil

This post crossed my mind this evening.  I was crossing the Victoria Park Flyover at 4pm today in busy and very wet and windy conditions.  I was in the right hand lane on slick seal with two solid lines of traffic.  A vehicle to my left and slightly in front, one up my chuff and one about 3 seconds directly in front all doing about 80kph.  I sensed the one on the left was about to pull over and sure enough started to pull left and indicator on at the same time!!  Didn't have a clue that I was there and it was a blast on the Siebel that warned him/her  of my position and caused a hasty change of mind :cry:.  No chance of riding out of danger and I wasn't going to close the gap to the car in front in those conditions.  The horn is a useful addition to your safety gearfor sure.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Hi Malcolm.  Glad you got home save and sound  I just think that in an emergency situation.it"s not the horn button you should be reaching for.I would love to hear from other riders on this subject.    :?   Phil

Dion Dunlop
    Participant

I have used the horn as Malcolm G outlines.  You get to feel when drivers esp. are going to do something which may hurt you.  A reminder on the horn is useful in these situations.  In NZ, many people get p#$%ed off if you give them a beep, however overseas the horn is used as a means of communication and I like this use.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.