Home Forums Ride Reports Little and Local – Riverhead Pub

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Been hibernating this week, didn't even look in the camera after last Sunday's Run, while still recovering from my geeking efforts. For those that thought they had escaped, the bad news follows.I nearly blew it before the start. I was pumping gas into the Sex Toy at Lincoln Road thinking I just had time to get to Westgate when a niggle started in the back of the brainbox - "Westgate?" Yanked the hard copy of the runs list out of my bag, checked, paid for the fuel, vaulted onto the bike and hurtled off to Dairy Flat, arriving five minutes late to find only YoungJim and Bill "left" there. Jim put me out of my misery by telling me the start time was 1000: I hadn't read that far, 'cos I'd taken off like a startled stoat when I got to "Dairy Flat" in the sentence. There were massive queues for coffee, so we wound up leaving late, not a worry for a Little and Local, and a good thing for Paul L, who had done a Bwucie (sort of) and had been waiting at Westgate. He arrived the thick end of ten minutes late, but was still in time......So, anyhoo, up to Warkworth, and over Woodcocks and West Coast, because we could, and because they're good. Most of us had a good passage, bar Sean, who looked a bit frazzled after tacking his R1100P (aka "the Dirigible") through all the twirlies. There was worse to come for him, too, because from Kaukapakapa I cut back across to Dairy Flat , then the old Albany Highway to pick up Ridge Road to burn up a couple more minutes before arriving at Riverhead.  The old pub's had a bit of a going over: one bar has been left old-fashioned traditional, the rest seems to have been dealt to. Parking is available front and rear. The rear parking is on the riverbank, for boats.

The deck isn't a bad size - certainly waaay bigger than mine!PB060001.jpgBikers always form orderly lines at the bar - Yeah, Right!PB060002.jpgDave, Barbara, Wendy and Jean arrived by car to help populate the deckPB060005.jpgThe barbie crew got organisedPB060004.jpgTo make Rob's mega burger.PB060007.jpg

Jean bought fush n chips for us, and despite Malcolm's negative rating, ours were fine. The speed of service was amazing, given how busy the place got at midday. I forecast it won't be the last visit there for some of us.We trickled off in various directions afterwards. A bunch of us hit the cafe Red Baron for coffee, which segued into a trip to the Curry Leaf at Pukekohe, where we had a fine feed and watched/listened to Alex getting his berries from the waitress - serves him right, too, well deserved. Rincewind and Barbara then had to confront the drive back to Albany; I'd have been hard akip by the time they made it their driveway.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.