Home Forums Ride Reports Little and Local, Mount Vic.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Well, at last, a new bout of daylight slaving, a new Sunday, and a new weather phenomenon for Auckland – FINE! 😀Pleasure to meet a new rider (with our group) and fellow Discworld fan, Rincewind.  If you don't know the references, get to your library and start reading Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett: if you don't laugh out loud, you're dead.  Anyway, Dave, well met, "OOK!"We unfortunately lost Paul#2 at the corner of Riverhead Road just after setting out.  My bad, during the briefing I did say we would head round the "Head of the Harbour", but I failed to say by which road.  Somewhat stressful for Shah and I to watch Paul disappear in our mirrors as we waited for him, and moreso for YoungJim as TEC, waiting, waiting for him to come back.  Apologies, Paul, I hope you found something to enjoy as much as we enjoyed the day.A gentle little tootle via North Road, then across to Dairy Flat from Kaukapakapa, with a couple of stops to let Wendy appear with the tail enders, then East Coast Road to Browns Bay.  OOPS!  All the North Shovians are out cafe crawling because the weather's improved.  Roll on, roll on: yay!  Coming down the hill into Mairangi Bay, I spy with my little eye, a cafe, with seating AND parking - DONE!  Not gonna try for anywhere closer to Devonport, bird in the hand, etc.Good call, Bwucie.  Great food, lightning quick service, friendly staff.  Paper Moon: top place.Rob had "The BOSS" with him today (second from left), and I imagine she will now be applying the pressure for him to ditch the dickey seat and score one of the proper pillions for the R1200C.dbp00010.jpgThat was just the ordering food and bevvie stage, (very) soon the staff had us flat out busy with our eating irons.dbp00012.jpgAfter lunch, Rob took over with the lead, I took over from Jim as TEC, and we cruised off to Devonport, via the rest of East Coast Bays.  Farcical to the max!  Number three rider, who shall remain nameless, but rides a red RS called "Enzo", often with Mrs Red Baron on his pillion, missed the acute turn into Mt Vic that Shah was marking, and motored off looking for the rider in front of him.  I stopped the lemming rush, took them back towards Mt Vic, and then spotted Rob and Shah shooting across the intersection in front of me, on their way to gather up the lost sheep.  So I hauled the flock in behind Rob, and we headed around the block one more time. 😀 😀 😀  This time we all found the entrance to Mount Vic!dbp00021.jpgOne of those places that is so photogenic, the photographers take photos of the photographers.dbp00016.jpgThe GS Brigade discussing who will be the first to take their chook-chaser straight down.dbp00018.jpgThe Red Baron doing his thing for public relations: he had a bid at $15,000, and I said I would take two at the price, but it turned out he was trying to sell Shah's bike, not the children.dbp00019.jpgNorth Head:dbp00020.jpgJust about the whole, entire Royal New Zealand Navy alongside at Devonport: doesn't it give you warm fuzzies to be so well defended?dbp00022.jpgAnd just before we all headed for home, Wendy and Paul, Team Foley, presented the Red Baron with a special tribute.  Apparently the lad has been shooting from the lip and getting into trouble with Mrs Red Baron, so this will be very helpful for him.dbp00025.jpgGreat company today, folks, always a pleasure to be RIC with such a mob.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great ride today Bwucie, even though we spent a little more time exploring Devonport than intended. Mt Vic entrance does look a little like a private driveway I guess so we shouldn't be too hard on Alex. The lunch stop was an excellent choice. I highly recommend the bacon and beans, and I didn't hear Young Jim complain about the eggs today.  You didn't mention the ice-cream at Devonport which was also up to standard.

Anonymous
    Inactive

glad i went with you lot instead of joining the Ulysses to Waipu today. and the lemon/lime ice-cream was pretty good too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Guys,thanks for all being so welcoming today,I thouroughly enjoyed myself,it was a real Baptism of fire on a new steed to be third bike back from the front for the first twenty minutes behind Bruce and John through all the twistys on North road,good fun though.Remind me never to have a double shot flat white just before setting out again though,my bladder was fuller than the GS gas tank by the time we got to Mairangi bay,I was close to introducing a new hand sign to the club at one stage.......Thanks Bruce for sorting out my login etc. hope to see you all again real soon.RegardsRincewind

Warren
    Participant

I got lost. Went to Silverdale–no show–went to Devonport– no show– went to Takapuna–still no show–ran out of destinations other than home–found that OK. Must get me a hearing aid.P2

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 on the great ride, company and food.The "holding pattern" coming into Mt Vic was novel but just added interest really.Glad you had a good day Rincewind. A word of warning though...all things BMW are addictive, particularly GS's!J.R.

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 on the great ride, company and food.The "holding pattern" coming into Mt Vic was novel but just added interest really.Glad you had a good day Rincewind. A word of warning though...all things BMW are addictive, particularly GS's!J.R.

Yes I'm sure I'm on the road to ruin !!! ah well its only money.....oh God did I say that out loud

Anonymous

Hey Guys,thanks for all being so welcoming today.........Remind me never to have a double shot flat white just before setting out again though,my bladder was fuller than the GS gas tank by the time we got to Mairangi bay,I was close to introducing a new hand sign to the club at one stage.......RegardsRincewind

Standard bike club rules apply at all times: ready to go, on time, tank full, bladder empty.  So many of you get the last two points wrong way round 🙄

Jim Young
    Participant

Thanks Bwucie, it was a nice little cruise today seeing some of Aucklands best scenery that we all take for granted in our rush to head out to the hills on most rides.  😀

Anonymous

Thanks Bwucie, it was a nice little cruise today seeing some of Aucklands best scenery that we all take for granted in our rush to head out to the hills on most rides.  😀

I've been telling you for years 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Enjoyed the ride thanks Bwucie. Did however find it a little tough to excecute a 270 deg left (with pillion) after waving to Shah to whom was providing the marking point from the just completed 90 deg right from the main road. Nice food, great company and breathtaking views from Mount Victoria.Cheers,Herr and Frau Baron  PS: Why let the truth spoil a good story yes?  😀

Anonymous

Gotta admit I tend to come at it from the other direction as Tour Leader: my bad, shoulda suggested to Rob.However, a good biker

v0_master.jpg

Should be able to make a ewe turn.

shaun-the-sheep-relaxed.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.