Home Forums General Discussion Letterboxes, post them here

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Another unusual letterbox mount. This one on Ohiwa Harbour Rd.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

It's been a while, so just one more. From Kowhai St.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Almost 6 months since the last one. This one from Paparoa Rd.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Found one more for this thread. On the way to CollingwoodDSC00865.jpg

Anonymous

WELL done, Alex, that's a BIT different, and not at all BORING.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

I'll try again 😕 this was taken in St. Bathans not far from the Vulcan hotel.  I think it is a small water canon, there is a larger one over the bar in the hotel.  A great place to stay and the food is first class.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Since the thread has been revitalized I'll post one from Harwoods Rd.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Not particularly special in itself but as it was in the little village of Cambrians in Central Otago and just a few doors from Anton Oliver's crib I thought it worth a place.  Apparently there is a well known artist by the name of Sydney? who also has a place here but being bereft of any artistic knowledge I don't know of him. 

Robin
    Participant

Grahame Sydney?

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Thanks Dave, I've had a quick look at his prints mostly of Central Otago and could easily see myself buying one.  A really beautiful part of the country and he captures it perfectly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Grahame Sydney is one of the top New Zealand landscape artists… or artists full stop. His body of work is hugely impressive, as is Grahame himself. He is a triathlete and a great friend of New Zealand's pre-emminent poet Brian Turner.. whose brothers played a bit of cricket and golf. And he of course a close mate of Anton Oliver.I have a couple of Sydney prints in the office...of the Maniatoto. The originals are almost unobtainable. But we do have an original Bruce Hunt who also paints huge landscapes of this part if the world. I look forward to touring down there in March! ka kite Loins

Robin
    Participant

I like his style too. When I was Streetcamming with Terralink, I managed this. Inspired by a famous Grahame Sydney work. I understand the building has been moved since he painted it.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

It's almost a year since the last posting, so here's one from No 3 Rd that I couldn't resist. I don't know the reason for or the significance of the compressor behind the cannon.

Arne Rohde
    Participant

The owners of this one on Station Rd would probably be surprised if the rural delivery driver actually put bills in the top letterbox.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Getting side tracked here a little but we went to a tasting of wines from the Surveyor Thomson Winery from Central Otago a month or so ago and Grahame Sydney was there as a special guest.  He spoke about the region and his long association with it.  He donated a copy of his latest book and 3 of his prints which were drawn from a hat of all attending – unfortunately we missed out but had a great evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.