Home Forums General Discussion Letterboxes, post them here

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Found this rather unusual one on Kakahu Rd.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Great letter box. What area is that?  Phil

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Kakahu Rd goes off SH28, on the western side of the Kaimais.

Robin
    Participant

1.  Just out of Alexandria on the Ranfurly road.

Robin
    Participant

2.  Just out of Alexandria on the Ranfurly road.

Robin
    Participant

3.  Just out of Alexandria on the Ranfurly road.

Riaan Du Plessis
    Participant

Hey down there, when I was on my GS in New Zealand I soon realized that Kiwis like it to have special letterboxes. I always took pictures when I saw one...Back home in Germany I created a poster with all the letterboxes I took pictures from. It's on the wall in my living-room now - as a reminder to New Zealand: posterbriefksten2xq2.th.jpgIf anybody is interested to have it as a poster as well - just send me a message and I'll send you the fileBest wishes from Gerrmanybernd 

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice one Bernd.Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year and its not too cold.It's been pretty grim here in Auckland for the past few weeks, sunshine all day and around 25C perfect for riding.  😀RegardsJim

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

I can almost agree Jim, the temperatures have been extraordinarily good but unfortunately the down side has been the bloody roads melting at a rate of knots  😡  I'm sure you've experienced it already?  Wayne and Helen Cann and ourselves came through a really bad patch in the South Island where the buggers had laid the tar over the whole road then sprinkled the grit but hadn't rolled it yet  😐  The bikes looked like spotted dick pudding and when we stopped for fuel I was dropping chips all over the forecourt.  Took me a day with rag and solvent to clean the stuff off.  However I have to say that most of the roads down south were in perfect condition so it was a price worth paying – I think.Malcolm

Riaan Du Plessis
    Participant

Hey Jim, I hope your New Year's pledge is: I don't wanna make fun of the poor guys in Germany any more just because they are drowning in snow  😀I've seen this one in Switzerland....CheersBernd

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Re last letter box.  Would be better if it was full of wine, not bills  Phil

Robin
    Participant

My new job has me driving around NZ and taking photos! Here are two I picked up. The fish is Wellington, Grenada North, Takapu Road. (Lifestyle blocks.)The Number nine is over in Titahi Bay. It's made of fibreglass. Can't help but think of the Beatles song, 'Revolution.' Remember the repetitive line, 'Numbere nine, 'numbere nine, number nine....."

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

Sure do Dave, I also remember that there was supposed to be a hidden message and you could hear it if you played the LP very slowly (turned the disc by hand) which a group of us did one night when we were all a bit sloshed…  Best we could make out was something that sounded very much like “turn me on dead man” repeated over and over again.    😕  Don't suppose you can throw any light on the topic?Malcolm

Robin
    Participant

Malcolm. The backward masking time. I think I do remember something about that, but never heard it. “Stairway to heaven” was supposed have something too.  But I digress…..

Dave Ross

Wanganui River Road. The was another good one which I left for someone else.DSC05762.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.