Home Forums Ride Reports Just the two of us – Sunday afternoon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We finally bought Jo an adventure bike, replacing her trusty and much loved TRX850 with a brand spanking new KLE500 courtesy of Carl at Motorad.It was such a nice weekend down here  😀 we thought we’d christen it in the gravel over Martinborough way. A quick run out to the Gladstone pub on Sunday for coffee and a bite to eat seemed like a good idea.The two of us set off around 10:00,  in no time we’re heading through Martinborough and negotiating the winding asphalt out to Hinakura. There’s a very short stretch of gravel coming up to the Hinakura hall, so an ideal opportunity (and a bit of fun :evil:) to rip on ahead and take this picture of Jo arriving.KIF_1049.jpgMust say, she looks very comfortable on the bike  😎KIF_1050.jpgWinding through Ngakonui station was just gorgeous, nicely swept gravel and not a lot of traffic. It’s a slower pace than I’m used to through here and, to be honest, quite relaxing to be able to potter along and check out the scenery. The last part of Ngakonui Road winds up the hill to a gate at the crest of Summerhill, with gorgeous views back down the valley. KIF_1051.jpgI stopped at the top to open the gate and wait for Jo to come through, so thought I’d grab this shot looking North from Summerhill.KIF_1052.jpgBack down Admiral Road, more gorgeous scenery and no sheep to worry about this time. All too soon we’re at the Gladstone pub enjoying a coffee in the sun. A popular place with many other bikers out for the day. KIF_1054.jpgA quite ride back over the hill left plenty of time in the afternoon to finish some landscaping around the house. How good is it living down here then  😀CheersGarry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gidday Mate what time did you leave Rimutaka as I didnt catch You up perhaps we were ahead.cheers Pete.

2bjr
    Participant

Looked like a good day for ride 😀Looks like you guys enjoyed it.Many happy km's with the new bike.

Murray
    Participant

Gidday Mate what time did you leave Rimutaka as I didnt catch You up perhaps we were ahead.cheers Pete.

About 10 past 10 Pete, sorry to miss you. We got down to Caltex, heaps of roadies waiting around for something or other, so we bailed as soon as we'd gassed up.Catch up with you soon.CheersGarry

aegis4805
    Participant

another good ride Garry – Jo looks very 'at home' on her new machine – cheers S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.