Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Intercom system advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a Starcom intercom system (UK system) on my bike which, until the recent service, worked perfectly with no background static at all. After the service there is background static on acceleration and decceleration which is quite irritating. At constant speeds be it 50 or 150kmh it is fine and clear.

I contacted the service agents and they confirm that the spark plugs replaced at the service were the Bosch resistor plugs as per the bike specs. I have checked all connections, earthwire etc - no problems. The system connects to the bike power supply via the accesory plug available on the 1200GS.

I am at a loss to explain why this is happening now after 6 months of hassle free communication ? Unfortunately my knowledge of bikes is limited. 🙁 I like to ride them. 🙂

Cheers
    Richard

😆 😆

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Is it a ticking noise you hear? They may have rerouted your cable too close to an iginiton cable after the service. I’ve also noticed that it can be weather dependant, high humidity will make it worse. I am sure you’ll be able to cure it.

Anonymous

Make sure none of the cables are any where near the battery earth.

Brian TANNER
    Participant

Thanks. None of the cables were rerouted during the service – I don’t think they actually touched the unit. I will check though – the battery earth is worth looking at.

In answer to a pevious post yes its a clicking noise similar to what one hears with a car radio when you get elctromagnetic interference.

Thanks for the ideas
    Richard

Anonymous
    tustinr wrote:
    Thanks. None of the cables were rerouted during the service – I don’t think they actually touched the unit. I will check though – the battery earth is worth looking at.

In answer to a pevious post yes its a clicking noise similar to what one hears with a car radio when you get elctromagnetic interference.

Thanks for the ideas
    Richard

Don't earth of the battery.
    David
    Participant

Had that noise on the RT last week, interfering with the radio. When I replaced the left hand plug it went away. From your description of “throttle on” and throttle off” I suspect it is a different fault.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.