Home Forums General Discussion honeymoon

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I think the top two sets of x's should be the west coast (Greymouth-Franz Josef-Haast) and Twizel-Tekapo. Great views and great roads.3rd x, probably something in the middle. Be aware you'd be passing through Auckland. Our SH1 passes right through the middle and next to the CBD, and you don't want to be doing that during rush hour on a week day.

Robin
    Participant

Getting close! Not long to go now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

we are coming

Anonymous
    Inactive

One  very important message ….all the driving is on the left hand side of the road!

Anonymous
    Inactive

we are in new zealand…and now we go to sleep…for us it's 8 am…i'll write tomorrow

Robin
    Participant

Benvenuto!

Jim Young
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone heard from Ramarro and his new bride after they arrived in January and if they did indeed tour NZ ?

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

That's a long sleep  ::)

Dave Ross

I saw his name pop up a couple of days ago, he must have logged in, but did not respond to this thread. A ride report would have been nice, no pun intended.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll admit :I have been rude, but i dont forgotten you.I could write that i have been busy, or other excuse but the truth is this: FOR ME TO WRITE IN ENGLISH IS HARD and I'M LAZY.NOW I AM READY FOR TO TELL MY TRIP.iT 'was THE TRIP, 26 days in motion for a total of 7337 km in nature. A trek, wakes up every day and an average of 6/7 hours on the bike, but how much satisfaction, a wonderful experience. I will never forget.In our room we hung two panoramic pictures 30x 150cm (fiordland national park and danseys pass whit the snow) and in the living room we have a mirror in the shape of  new zealand of a meter that we sent out from there: because we did not like the  NEW ZEALAND!!!! We saw penguins, seals, whales, kiwi and kauri.We did jatboard, bungy, snorkeling. Every photo ( https://picasaweb.google.com/104064269764603820692/NewZealandDefinitiva ) that we made is like a picture postcard!!!I thought that Italy was the best place to live, but now I know that It was the second:your country is better (we are better only for food and girls and rugby...no maybe for rugby NO:the first purchasewas T-shirt and bonnet of all blacks!!!)  The place is great, but the peolple is incredible.YOU ARE WONDERFUL:in 29 days we have only met 2 people not friendly.To drive in your country is amazing: 100km the limit, all curves are well marked, the streets are clean and there is no traffic.IT IS A DREAM !!!!!the weather has changed our programs, than this was our itinerary auckland-bluff-cape reinga-auckland: [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sa2ukejgGZI/T-YN-bnHO3I/AAAAAAAADGw/DdR05B28rlU/s512/nz%2520nord.PNG[/img][img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wzIx0GoNLmg/T-YOATThlVI/AAAAAAAADG8/oY1kaNbQ-Ks/s450/nz%2520sud.PNG[/img]For me bad places: only bluff, but it was to see  fort he sign Beautiful place: all, but the south island will remain forever in our hearts The most exciting experiences for us with the bike were:90 miles beach, west coast, danseys pass whit the snow, lake tekapo and mt. Cook without clouds in the sky.Sorry again for the delay (and for my english!!) and TANKS: whitout your advice I would not have known what to expect and how to manage the trip.If any of you will be in Italy my e.mail is: roby.ramarro@tiscali.it. I'll be at your complete disposalI promise you:we will return because NEW ZEALAND is the better in the word!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only to write this message I spent an hour… It's really hard!

Anonymous

Many thanks for your report, Ramarro. We are all entitled to be lazy, and sometimes you may need a bit of recovery time, with a new bride  ::)I need to get ready for a ride myself just now, but I'm going to have a good look through your Picasa photos later. I'm very sure I won't be the only one doing so.And I must say, yet again, that your English is way better than my Italian: I am totally dependent upon Babelfish or Google Translate when I am confronted by any language other than English: another dumb Kiwi, me.

Richard Kuysten
    Participant

A great effort Ramarro.  Pleased that you had a good trip and experienced some of our many attractions with clear skies and grey.  You don't say if you were able to meet any of our NZ members?  Perhaps on the road somewhere?

Jim Young
    Participant

Great to hear from you Ramarro and that you had a great time, yes NZ has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world but Italy is not far behind.My wife and I made our second visit to Italy last year and did the Cinque Terre walks and boy was it hard and hot for an old bugger like me but well worth it and it was very sad to see it was devastated by rain, slips and floods later in the year, what a lot of history must have been destroyed.Will look forward to seeing you pics later.CheersJim

Anonymous
    Inactive

The photos are exceptional……stunning , the guy has a great appreciation and eye for scenery and subjects that must make their trip more satisfying now they are home and can look objectively at where they went and what they saw.A trip well planned, magnifico ! and Italy just knocked the Poms over at football!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.