Home Forums Rides Calendar GS (Gravel Surface) Adventure Ride – Wind & Waves Adventure

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Hentie,I'm not wishing to put you off the ride but knowing you are not long in the country, do you realise that the Woodville meeting place for this ride is down past Palmerston North (I think) which is about a 5 to 6 hour ride from Auckland ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi allSorry for the delay but I have been out of action for the last week with a rather sick wife  🙁Still things are still on track, we still have 4 spaces left for those of you that are undecided.Cheers Scott

David Yeo
    Participant

Hi thanks YoungjimI know now but I am still going. I am leaving Howick at about 11:00 am on Friday then sleep over at Parmy to meet up with them on Saturday. I will even go to Wellington which is approx'imatly 10 hours drive. I am hooking up with "the Foz" in Rotorua Friday afternoon so I wont be alone all the way. I am not trying to be smart I am just so hungry for a long ride. In South Africa a 10 hour ride was nothing for my to do on a ride. 

Jim Young
    Participant

Good on ya Hentie, enjoy your ride

Dave Ross

You certainly have the right  attitude Hentie, make sure you take a camera. Have you also considered the Capital Coast Adventure ride in Wellington on Anzac weekend?Alex

Barry Stephenson
    Participant

Hey HentieUnfortunately my marathons ended shortly after the ring went on her finger.To save time Friday,we can meet at BP Wairakie.This is between Taupo and Tokoroa,cant miss it.SCOTTIf your watching,will we have a chase vehicle to take excess luggage.Looking foward to meeting yallthe.foz

Anonymous
    Inactive

If your watching,will we have a chase vehicle to take excess luggage.Looking foward to meeting yallthe.foz

Hi allWill this vehicle be following for the entire trip?Will the driver need a bed and meal??Also meeting place and time will be sent to you via PM, so that random people don't just turn up and expect to tag along for the day (believe me is has happened), so please make sure you check your emails/PM for detailsAlso I will be confirming the meals tonight, so please make sure that you come, and if something comes up and you cant make it, I will expect to be reimbursed the $20 for the mealEnough of that rubbishLooking forward to meeting some of youRegards Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi allAll the details have been sent to you via PM (Private Message) so please check your inboxOh and the weather forecast is looking goodIcon_Fine_clr.gifCheers Scott

David Yeo
    Participant

Bring it on  😀See you guys Saterday cheers Hentie.

Anonymous
    Inactive

P.SWe will be stopping at Pongaroa for those that wish to purchase their refreshments there to save carrying them all day  😉See you all tomorrowCheers Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I have made it back to the very warm Hawkes Bay, safe and sound and a little tiredA fantastic weekendA ride report and pics to followRegards and thanks for a great weekendScott

Dave Ross

Looking forward to the report, I am glad you guys had fine weather.

David Yeo
    Participant

Jip I made it there and back . Thanks Zukin I had fun. Got back home @ 8:45 PM not to bad. See you all sometime  BAAAAA BAAAARBRA !  👿

peter.trub
    Participant

I like the new name Hentie  😀 Good to hear you made it home safe mate. I was knackered by taranaki and thought of you still riding. Awesome weekend Scott, very well done  😀

aegis4805
    Participant

Great ride – Scott et al – the Tararua District certainly still has some great gravel roads and farm tracks to commend it to GS enthusiasts.Glad to hear you all got home safely. Thanks again for organising Scott. I'll post my photos when you had a chance to list the route we covered.Cheers Aslan  :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.