Home Forums Rides Calendar GS Adventures

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Howdy allNow that the big trip is over, how about we organise some GS Adventures in different parts of the country  😀I have organised a few other adventure rides, but am no expert.The rides will be gravel, so suitable for the Big GS's and pillions, and wherever possible good accommodation (not motels as where is the adventure in that :D)These rides will be more a relaxed, stop and take your time sort of trip, with the emphasis on fun and friendship rather that my normal "must ride 500km a day" sort of trip.Too often I have blasted past some really interesting places,a dn thought to myself I must go back and have a good look, but of course never do  😮And of course there maybe more "challenging trips" must these must be well documented so that others can either bypass it, or decide that it is beyond their level of riding.What do you reckon?I am thinking about every 6 - 8 weeks we have a new trip in a new area, that way we should cover quite a bit of the countryI am happy to set up the GS Adventure calendar, so that we don't double book anything etcRegards Scott

aegis4805
    Participant

Zukin – aka Scott good Buddy (and other adventurers watching this thread) – you have my enthuiastic commitment to this idea subject only to attempting to maintain some time with my long suffering wife who indulges my motorcycling fanaticism. In this vein I sefishly have a preference for central and lower North Island.Like you, I to have travelled too fast through some amazing country without stopping to 'smell the coffee' so to speak. Witness 4,000Km over 8 days going to and from the BMWOR Rally earlier this month with Ian.SKey to happy campers on this IMHO is 1 realisation that GS's (generalising here) are not a trail bike (they're blinking heavy even in their 1200, Dakar and F650GS guise) AND ideally they need to be suitablly shod with TKC80's or similar. Also - expectations about the likely difficulty of terrain / required skill level need to be made clear 'up front'. Also - folks must feel free not to proceed when they sense something is beyond their confidence / skill level - in my recent case I felt free to wimp out on the river crossings entailed in taking my 1150 to Macetown in Central Otago - thanks for your understanding Ian.SCheers S aka Aslan  :mrgreen:

gary
    Participant

Scott, I'm in but soon I will be preferring central North Island due to a pending relocation.CheersIan.S

peter.trub
    Participant

Central and lower North Island work for me at short notice. Further afield is not impossible. I am fairly new to the GS game but I am a big boy who can say no. Plus I can pick them up again by myself without crying  😀  I tend to favour cheap accomadation because I am miserable like that  👿 and have been known to snore. Thats all the warning you need

Anonymous

Tenting not for me 😀 I'll stay in the motel (Top Ten) 😉 I'll be interested in what you put together but not until April as my new bike does not arrive till then. 

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Great idea.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds good I'm in what is your new bike Kiwi Adventure

Anonymous

Sounds good I'm in what is your new bike Kiwi Adventure

Arrives Aprilnews_bmw_r1200gsa08_02_preview5B15D.jpgArrives September450_2.jpg

Raman Singh
    Participant

Wonderful idea. Of course I will be bringing my 650 along if 'babies' are allowed.I'm pretty much a beginner at trail riding (though not at motorcycling) and would welcome some challenging routeswith an exit if it gets too far beyond my comfort zone. Camping good, motel good, hotel with spa and down feather bed better  😀 But any chance to get rural on the bike is good for me.Cheers

Murray
    Participant

I'm in, as work, garden and house renovations permit – will go anywhere, usually  😀I don't do tents or sleeping bags anymore  😎

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

I don't do tents or sleeping bags anymore  😎

The only tents I still do537.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.