Home Forums General Discussion Getting the most from my bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Leigh,I hope you didn't mind me fixing your link on that first photo. Thanks for posting those.Alex

Hi alex.Had a suspicion that something was wrong.Don't mind in the least, good job us fledglings have you to look after us.Thanks Leigh.

ROBIN MOSS
    Participant

The picture of the Bentleys takes me back a long way. Malcolm

Hi Malcom, reading your reply I could imagine the excitment at age 8, at age 58 it was mind boggling.The fastest car was checked on radar at 111mph, built in 1930. There was nothing pedestrian about there driving skills either. I was not able to pear under the bonnet but believe that it was a straight 8. It sounded as it went by like it was doing about 2000rpm,  the driver and passenger with there period leather helmets and goggles looked a treat. On the back was a huge leather trunk. Looked origonal as it was well weathered. You could have put a Pool Table in the back seat and apparently it weighed 3-1/2 tonnes.Truly amazing, if you read one of the earlier threads, Daves' wife has had a part to play with the tour organisation and they might have many photos for us to view. Unfortunatly they are only touring the South Island.Cheers Leigh 

Dave Morris
    Participant

your comments re cornering are more than justified. I have just spent a couple of weeks on the Coromandel Pennisula and been observing (from my 4 X 4) the lack of skills some people have on bikes. I do not visit the http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz site very much as i find the rider are a little young and every time I wander over there it is like picking up the Herald and turning to the obituary page. Another one dead. Very sad so i keep away.Being one of the younger posters on this site and having only owned a bike over 1000cc for 27 years (apart from a 750cc for 2 yrs) I can not stress enough that any rider training is a good positive step that all should do at every chance. (yes you) ***On a different note a few months back I was reading the Sunday Star Times and was not impressed with the coverage that the media were giving some low life gangster homie whom thought it was good fun to drive around and randomly bash peple in a article in Section A. Again a 2 page article in Magazine section. reportng on these low life scum just glorifies them and more want to join. I beleive the Timaru paper has a deal not to report on these scum. Is this leading somewhere you ask.YES. I have just brought the Feb 2008 Kiwirider and see 3 different written verbal attacks on Police. One of them i am still scratching my head on what the F brought that on. I have read the Police affadavit (which can be found online and they appeared more than justified on action taken) Oh well there goes me buying Kiwirider now. So much for supporting the local mag market Blacklisted by me. Any suggestions for Mags i can buy. venting OVER, going to back what i was doing.

Wade Cook
    Participant

I started riding in Australia, Canberra and the bike of choice and pocket was a Honda CB125 twin, it was about that time that the Canberra police were issued jet black Honda CB750 fours, what a site, I was sold and by mid seventies I was with the police in Victoria and most of the bikes were Honda, the last of those I rode there was a Honda CB 900 F Bol d`Or not a special but straight out of the shop and the sort that anyone could buy. In 1980 came to NZ and was riding Police Special Honda 750 Gs and Fs, as heavy as hell and totally gutless, but someone was paying me to ride, GREAT!  My personal bike at the time was a Kawasaki Z900, hoped on one recently, what a dog. Regarding counter steering, I suppose we knew about it, but I don’t ever remember anyone verbalising it, we had been taught to ride and survive and though there were the odd accidents none were fatal.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.