Home Forums General Discussion Gerbing heated Vest liner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just got my Gerbing Vest delivered today. It's battery is being charged as I type. Just in time, too, as it's starting to get nippy in the mornings. her is a link http://coreheat.net/Products/Heated%20Vest%20Liner.html The vest is supposed to be worn under a jumper or other gear. This is why I picked it, because my BMW Coverall doesn't have room for bulky gear underneath. I also wanted a battery, rather than having the vest plugged into the bike. This avoids being tethered to the bike and as Malcolm and I are getting older, it's easy to forget this. More importantly, though, it frees up the vest for other uses as well. I can wear it under a t-shirt and hang with the other tough guys, without feeling cold. Alright, maybe not. Will share more info as it comes to hand.

Dave Morris
    Participant

I really like the last feature ::)http://coreheat.net/Products/Heated%20Vest%20Liner.html    * Lightweight vest    * Heat in back and chest    * Zippered pocket for battery storage    * Stretch fabric at sides    * Included 7 V 2.2 Ah rechargeable Lithium battery and charger    * This product is not designed to be used on motorcycles

Dave Ross
    Russell Taylor
    Participant

Come On Koko. I've been to your house (well, the one you used to live in).You live in Auckland. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED A HEATED VEST FOR ?????????Harumph.

Dave Ross

I hate the cold. You should see how much insulations I've stuffed into our new place. I have a 35km one way commute. It can go down to low single digits and I don't want to arrive at worked dressed like the Michelin man. I'll leave the cold to the southern men.

Dave Morris
    Participant

I hate the cold. You should see how much insulations I've stuffed into our new place. I have a 35km one way commute. It can go down to low single digits and I don't want to arrive at worked dressed like the Michelin man. I'll leave the cold to the southern men.

ok Nancy

Dave Ross

Just because you're up to your neck in fog, doesn't make you a southern man, Mr B.

Dave Ross

I've been using the heated vest for a while in the mornings. The vest allows me to wear what I would wear around work, without needing to carry the extra bulk of jackets or jumpers under my riding gear. My BMW coverall is not really designed for cold weather riding, as there are no liners in there. It's nice and light and has a reasonably snug fit. This means that bulky gear underneath would only restrict my movement. I actually found the large back protector of the suit provides additional insulation and helps the vest perform better. I've been running the power at 75%, leaving me another 25% once we have those frosty mornings.In short, I am happy with the performance of the vest. 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.