Home Forums General Discussion G650 Xch broken gear lever and shaft

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hard luck mate, I think you have been very hard done by and if it was me I would be really p*^#@ off.  😡When I think of the vast number of times I dropped my Honda XR on trails and into trees etc over four years and the only damage was a broken clutch and decompression lever, it makes me feel very happy on the quality of a jappa trail bike. 

Hard luck indeed, well I guess BM enduro are not in the same league, may be they're not hard enduro, perhaps they're butter enduro. But for what they cost, what can you expect ... huh no, it was the other way around, wasn't it?Next time I buy a bike I'll demote BM to the bottom of the list, or may be outside the listCheers

dave.valma
    Participant

It is not unknown for jappa trailies to suffer the same fate, though it takes quite a bang to break the shaft it does happen. These shafts are hardened and have no ductility at all, hit the right spot and snap they will.

dave.valma
    Participant

Just another thought if the bike is (?) still under warranty it should be covered as it a failure of material rather than wear and tear. Don't forget the consumer guarantees act, I think you will find some cover under the act, and the small claims court would consider your claim especially as you are Still (?) under warranty.

honeybear.2399
    Participant

Try “Fair Go”

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just another thought if the bike is (?) still under warranty it should be covered as it a failure of material rather than wear and tear. Don't forget the consumer guarantees act, I think you will find some cover under the act, and the small claims court would consider your claim especially as you are Still (?) under warranty.

Hum not sure they will may be I should try. They can/will argue, as already did, that every fall is different and they cannot make a bike that withstands all possible falls unharmed and I understand that till some extent. I did fell, so whether it should hold or not is open to discussion. In the other hand, I believe that is commonly understood that a few other things should brake before the shaft and it wasn't the case. That type is bike is supposed to withstand some level of abuse due to it's purpose or is the idea I had from the ads on the bike anyway. I thought my being a very mild rider shouldn't have problems that other people has had with this particular model.Furthermore, the fall was pretty mild (and that's the true), a type of fall that's not uncommon at all, the front washing and the bike sliding on its side. That at least the gear lever should have sustained the damage first, have scratches on the plastics or something else. So for me is a common type of fall which will happen again so leaves me with the option of buying protection for the bike or sell it and buy another brand.Apologies to readers for repeating myself in the posts, being annoyed doesn't help my writting  :roll:, although some may argue that nothing would affect it is bad in any case  😐PampaX

Stuart Burns
    Participant

Might be worth a polite but firm letter direct to BMW NZ/AU, copied also to BMW Head Office/Customer Relations in Germany. My experience in the UK is that some dealers/importers make this type of warranty decision without consulting BMW Head Office, there seems to be a great fear of direct contact!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had considered another BM but I think I will go Jap or Italian passably Frog, this is the first snapped shaft I have seen in 30 years Ive bent a few though, and I am really hard on dirt bikes.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.