Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Fuel economy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I'm curious to know the running costs of the K1600GT that fills up with diesel in South Auckland. Not having kept up with BMW's technical advances since I returned to the Rising Sun from the Dark Side, I didn't realise the six cylinder line-up included an oil burner. 😮

Dave Ross

I'd say if they filled up with Diesel, their running costs have shot up considerably.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Uncamooses running cost go down in the toymota with some partially dosed fuel more miles per gallon cause of higher calories. So not wasted too much  8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'd say if they filled up with Diesel, their running costs have shot up considerably.

Depends if they turned the key aye... BMW is good, but not THAT good.I've had 4.6-4.8L/100km on the GSA, with luggage, and it has the aerodynamic shape of a brick wall. Pretty impressive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

pity push bikes passed you or can you defy the laws of physics? fast bricks burn juice.

Robin
    Participant

Surely you mean; “I'm curious to know the repair costs of the K1600GT that fills up with diesel…”You had me running to Google and, there is no diesel engine.

Anonymous

No, they didn't turn the key, and they were able to dial UncaMoose's International Rescue, but I just thought I'd put the story in the wild AFTER sufficient time had passed for them to think they'd gotten away with it.Because I could, and because I'm a stirrer. ;D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Because I could, and because I'm a stirrer. ;D

I think your keystrokes missed, and you meant to type "I'm jealous"

Arne Rohde
    Participant

A couple of years ago I stopped and asked if I could be of any assistance to a guy pushing a Yamaha up the Kaimais, a few kms from Tauriko. He didn't need my help, but he did tell me he had inadvertently filled it up with diesel. Pushing it home would presumably give quite good fuel economy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.