Home Forums Rides Calendar Free ACC Motorcycle Training Day in Orewa on 19/2/2011

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

ACC is offering free riding training at Orewa.Theory and practical sessions included.Date : Saturday 19th of February 2011Venue : Orewa Service Centre, Auckland Council            50 Centreway Road, OrewaTime : from 9:00 till 15:30Registration closes off 16/Feb.Please note that the date and time has changed from the brochure.BYO Lunch.Email to Katrina at ACC with following information.Name:Contact Phone:Contact Email:Suburb you reside in: For the eventWill you be riding a scooter or motorbike?What skill level would you put yourself in? Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced The day will run from 0900 till 1530hrs Please ensure you come equipped for the day.Riders must provide their own motorcycle/scooter, helmet and appropriate riding gear.

Anonymous

Wow! That's even cheaper than a Ride Right, Ride Safe course.  In fact, that's cheaper than anything!I put myself down as an intermediate rider, but I'm willing to take advice: d'you think I should downgrade to beginner?

Dave Ross

Roughly the same price as a free beer. I might even take up the offer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheap as chips! Would love to attend but it's on the same weekend as the battle of the streets and me and me mates are heading up to Paeroa from various parts of the southern half of the North Is on that day. Bugger!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting. In Wellington the training is being held tomorrow at a cost of $20. That's really cheap but why the difference?  ???

Anonymous

Probably they think us Dorklanders are:

• Pitifully impoverished by the cost of living in the Big Smoke
    • Not as good as Wellywood riders, so we really, really need training
    • possibly all of the above.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Darn'it I will be somewhere between Welly and Picton at that same time,I hate missing freebie,s too….Maybe next time...RegardsThe Quoine Rd gravel rashers

Arne Rohde
    Participant

Interesting. In Wellington the training is being held tomorrow at a cost of $20. That's really cheap but why the difference?  ???

In Tauranga a few weeks ago it was $40. The smaller the city, the higher the price.

Xan
    Participant

It was very hot day.Keen trainees turned up at Orewa and enjoyed the day.  🙂After lunch, we had a quick "Grey" board theory session and we went for a short ride.I didn't take any photos during training but here are some photos.Practice lifting a motorcycleIMG_1926.jpgGoing out for a short rideIMG_1928.jpg"Grey" board theory sessionIMG_1927.jpgIMG_1930.jpgVariety of models and sizes of motorcyclesIMG_1931.jpgHappy trainees are resting in the shadeIMG_1933.jpg

Anonymous

It must be noted that while the positioning looks beautiful, I couldn't shift the ST, because of the rapidly rising pain level in the bone-on-bone knee.  Uncamoose got it up (the bike, what were you thinking?!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.