Home Forums General Discussion Five new BMWs for 07

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

May 11 2006
    Five new BMWs for 07
    BMW is set to continue it’s breakneck development pace, revealing five new bikes before the end of the year.
    There will be a new F650 in GS and supermoto forms, a tricked up version and a naked version of the R1200S, and the F800 in naked and GS guises.
    The firm is also likely to be entering the 800cc MotoGP game as well.
    You can get full details of the new bikes only in the May 10 edition of MCN.

New 800gs

12721875.jpg

aegis4805
    Participant

they sound tasty Kiwi Advenutre – so much choice and so little time! thanks for your market intelligence post 8)

Murray
    Participant

Yes, at last BMW have announced that there will be a GS bike using the F800 twin and frame. Rumour has it though that, unlike the other F800s, it will be chain driven. Apparently this was in this week’s Motorcycle News, and it’s not just MCN saying so, but direct quotes from both BMW Director Herbert Deiss and a BMW press officer. This looks like just the bike I, and many others, have been hoping BMW would go ahead and build, something with a little more power than the F650 dakar but with less weight and size of the big 1200GS/GSA boxers. It is due to be shown at the Intermot bike show in October in Cologne. Think I’ll be hanging onto my Dakar until one of these turns up here for a try out 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.