Home Forums General Discussion First time rider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mum was in the garden and it was a nice day so I thought maybe its time to get Mums helmet out after 5 1/2 years of being on the top shelf of the wardrobe.Appears someone else who is about to turn 5 in 1 month fits the helmet. (had to shorten up chin strap.)spends a lot of time in garage sitting on bike talking to himself. Probably has  spent more time on the bike that I have in the last few years.I asked James would he like to go for a ride as he has only been around the end of our street. He was off to his bedroom like a shot and put on long pants and some socks and shoes without shagging around.Put the helmet on his head and told him to get his mother while wearing helmet.Appeared to be no complaints about a ride on the road. First hurdle overcome. A while ago I was asked my the age I was on my first bike ride by her. Answer 13. reply "He can start at the same age then." Fortunately both of our helmets are wired for an intercom (thanks Tony) and tried this out and worked fine. Off we set down the road. Happy as a sand boy chatting away to me. Left the city limits into the 100kmh area on an uphill slop with a bend and started accelerating to 100kmh.I then hear screaming through the intercom. I instantly think whats the problem here. I then recognise the screaming as one word but very long "yaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooo' then " this is fun Dad I like going fast"Carry on into the country and he is happy as chatting away pointing things out to me. Head for home and on the way back informs me that riding on the bike is "cool" Well that the first bike hurdle overcome and you may see me a little more in the future with passenger.

Anonymous

Gunna be your own fault when you have a big hairy-a***d teenager hitting you up for $3000 for his ACC payment in a few years: my old and wrinkly thought it was funny to innoculate us with bikes early and wonders why four out of five of his kids took up the silly habit.Good onya! 😀

Anonymous

So you can write nicely 😉 You only have 10 more yours before you are not cool enough to go out with 😀

Dave Ross

Neat report. Looks like we've got another one hooked :-).

Robin
    Participant

Great, but make sure the saddle boxes are on the bike. Little feet will get caught up in the spokies.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Great, but make sure the saddle boxes are on the bike. Little feet will get caught up in the spokies.

no way his little legs will get in there at the moment, checked prior to ride. seat to wide and legs not long enuf. he is mean to be able to put feet on footpegs but just a tad to short so he put them on pannier bars.cheers Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.