Home Forums Rides Calendar Dec7 AKL Lunch ride to the Coroglen Pub

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I left early from the Tavern but it was still a great ride.  Thanks to Alex for leading the way on the metal which I also returned on to avoid the check points – and I did.  I need to build confidence on the metal but I am looking forward to longer offroad rides.  The posts about the wet tar sound horrifying.  Some of the standards here do seem illogical – speed cops everywhere but wet tar is OK!!!!Having splashed out on new BMW gear, I have to admit to reluctantly wearing the day glow vest but I notice that others wearing them stand out a mile.  I don't want to tempt fate but apart from the blow out of a front tire at 120k on an enduro, the only serious trouble I have ever encountered on a motorbike is thro' not being seen by other drivers - and the headlight doesn't always help if it isn't pointing pretty much straight at the other driver.  In 10 years riding in UK 3 cars pulled out on me claiming not to have seen me - and I couldn't avoid hitting any of them - the last one hard enough to lose a lot of blood, break several bones and lose 3 days which are still completely blank.  Being clearly seen definitely helps keep you safe.Peter

Anonymous
    Inactive

It's been so quite on this site it needs some spirited posts.

Yeah.  It's great to have you back.  It's amazing the calming, soothing effect that Hawaii has on people.Coming on the secret ride? Rumor is we're going north.  With some private farmland on the way up, and some gravel roads on the way back.I'll bring the Beemer.

Dave Ross

A couple of pictures from the ride courtesy of Tony.DSC03865.jpgDSC03868.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.