Home Forums General Discussion Chromeheads forum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I subscribe to the above forum (well why wouldn't you) and saw this post today and thought I should share it to give you all a smile on such a crappy day.  I'ts actually a great place for info about the Cruiser and others."Chromeheads Forum: Tech Center: Engine/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch: So I have white smoke...

Posted by Bergeronjc on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:31 pm:Some gonna sound a little dumb here. Last week I went to change theoil and actually forgot there was a drain plug. Took me an hour and ahalf and 4 quarts of oil to remember (when the oil overflowed I knew Iforgot something). Anyway so it's like 11:30 pm and the stores areclosed, I'm out of oil and already through the oil filter out, both ofthem (I wish I could tell you why). I leave the bike overnight. No oil filter, drain plug in the oil pan,but the little plastic thing that covers the hole on top is in place(mind you this is Florida and right now we have about 60% humidity atnight). The next morning I go buy oil and a filter, put it all in, start it upand out comes an enormous never ending cloud of white smoke. I findout its moisture because it's snow white and doesn't really smell. Bike sits 2 days. Tonight I change oil and put a little Sea Foam in the crankcase totake care of moisture. White smoke goes away until I drive up to thecorner store. Now I have white smoke again but this time not a lot.Enough to produce a haze behind me, but it barely smokes, almost noneat all, at idle.Will the smoke go away after riding for about 30 minutes or issomething messed up?Feel free to poke fun at me for forgetting something so fundamental."I think I should say this before someone else does, perhaps we should change our name to Dickheads   ::)

Robin
    Participant

Hey, I missed that one!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.