Home Forums General Discussion Buying a 1150 GS at last!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I'm off to Napier tomorrow (Friday the 20th) to buy a 2000 1150GS :-D.  I'm going to stay the night at my sister-in-laws house then ride to Wellington & catch the 2pm sailing :-P.  I get to Picton at 5 pm.  I was going to stay the night there but didn't fancy riding on frosty roads the next morning :-o, so I'll just carry on through to Christchurch.  Can anyone tell me which route to Wellington from Napier is the shortest/quickest?  Via Palmy or through Masterton?  Cheers.If anyone is riding on these routes or sailing on the same ferry, I'll be the tall ugly 👿 one riding a yellow 1150GS.Grunta

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Congratulations on the new GS. How will you tell it apart from Daffy's bike? When I went from Wellington to Napier I did it via Masterton.

John Carter
    Participant

Good on you, laddie! I had one for years and loved it! I'm regressing into the past now and have a 100GSPD, but loved riding my 1150GS through France, Spain and Morocco. Enjoy!

Folker Liebenow
    Participant

Wellington from Napier via Palmerston North is the fastest by under an hr. Budget about 3 hrs. But via the Wairarapa is more fun, especially if you take some of the alternate routes. And then you also have the Rimutakas.  😀

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Wellington from Napier via Palmerston North is the fastest by under an hr. Budget about 3 hrs. But via the Wairarapa is more fun, especially if you take some of the alternate routes. And then you also have the Rimutakas.  😀

Cheers, that's what I thought when I looked at the roads on Google Earth, the Masterton route looks much longer.And re: me and daffy, someone at work told us to get it over and done with and go and get married!!!Here's the beast anyway...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65734&d=1183962934[img width=700 height=439]http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65734&d=1183962934[/img]

Russell Taylor
    Participant

Beware the Muppet. He is an undercover cleaning fanatic.

peter.trub
    Participant

Its got a dead sheep on it  😮

Dave Morris
    Participant

eep sheep looks like it is from Charmans in napier. The makers of most comfy sheep in the countrys

honeybear.2399
    Participant

from Charmans in napier. The makers of most comfy sheep in the countrys

Wat you say is true. and good costs  Phil

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Got my GS home at last, daffy has already been over to see if it's as clean as his!  Very impressed with the handling and in particular the fuel range, 320 km's from 16 litres with 6 to spare.  It has Oxford 'Hot Grips' too, a bit bulky but when it's zero degrees who cares right?  Have tried to post a photo but the size is too big so will take another then post it later.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Congratulation on the new GS. They are a great bike. After more than five years I still get the same sense of satisfaction and pride as on the day I bought it, every time I push the starter button. Mine turned over 88000km today. It will be a 100000km by Christmas.I'd really like some dry roads now, so I can scrub in the new Anakees properly. Bought them a month ago and pretty much only rode in the rain.

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Cheers, waiting a bit of decent weather so I can go to Akaroa with it.

Dennis Prendergast
    Participant

Here's more now I've learned how to resize them!  By the way, have removed the dead sheep for cleaning in case you're wondering.  Have ordered a taller Givi screen for it as well $180 odd from Suzuki Sportzone.

Dave Ross
    Keymaster

Very nice and very clean. Now you can't ride it anymore  😀

Dave Morris
    Participant

Here's more now I've learned how to resize them!  By the way, have removed the dead sheep for cleaning in case you're wondering.  Have ordered a taller Givi screen for it as well $180 odd from Suzuki Sportzone.

could you send me a magnifiying glass. bigger man bigger :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.