Home Forums General Discussion Buff GS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Last week Gerda and I went to check out the new MX track in Onehunga. There must have been an event on somewhere else, as the place was deserted. However, a considerate soul had left the gate open so we went in to have a closer look. Recent rains hadn’t been kind to it, but I dedicided to have a little play anyway. Gerda watched as I got the bike dirty. Mind you, all I was doing is riding around most of the obastacles as I had no intention to loose the bike in one of the bogs.

Gerda had been riding pillion, a rare event, because she didn't want the CS to get dirty. We deciced that there was enough time to drop into Experience to pick up one of these for me.

[img]http://www.buffusa.com/objects/product_images/11289.JPG[/img]

These Buff rags are very useful, but the selection of designs they had was limited. I would have liked flames instead I got some other gay design. Anyway, while waiting for Neal to process the order I turned around and saw this yellow F650, it looked like a low seat model. I pointed it out to Gerda and asked her to try it own. They didn't have to twist her arm to make her take it for a test ride.

The lowered suspension meant that she no longer had to tippy toe at traffic lights. We rode out to Te Atatu and back, she had a big grin on her face as she got off the bike. Gerda had always wanted a Gs, but low suspension models are harder to find and new ones are expensive.

Needless to say it followed us home the following Saturday after another extended test ride. We had to take it slow as they had just fitted an new front tyre.

Because of the brilliant weather we went for another ride on Sunday. First to Muriwai and then on to Puhoi for some Mussel chowder. I had never seen the place so busy.

The bike is perfect for Gerda, but we'll have to look at adjusting the side stand as it drags on the road on tight left handers. Here are a few pictures from the ride

DSC01323.jpg
    DSC01325.jpg
    DSC01324.jpg
    DSC01326.jpg
    DSC01327.jpg

On the way back we decided to take some easy gravel roads. No point buying a GS and keeping it off its natural environment. I am sure we'll do a lot more of that soon.

For the record, this bike came with a top box, ABS and heated grips. The trade-in for our CS brought tears to our eyes. It pays to keep your eyes from wandering when you're in a bike shop for a small purchase. It's just like the lollies they keep near the check-out in the Supemarket.

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

Very nice – you’d better watch out Alex, I think Gerda will give you a good “run for your money”. 😆

aegis4805
    Participant

Nice bike Alex – hope you and Gerda have a lot of fun togehter on your GS’s.

Does that mean I'll see you both on the Kaipara Adventure in the event I come up for that event ? 😉 Cheers Aslan

Dave Ross

I bet she would love to have a go, but her skill level will of course not be up to it, plus the low suspension of her bike is not really suitable for more than gravel roads. We will now be able to explore these roads together. Her bike has a nice pic-nic basket (top case) on the back and I am sure it will come in handy.

Cheers,
    Alex

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice looking bike Gerda, if you and Alex come on the BMWOR ride next week to Cooks Landing there will be an optional gravel section you can do.

Anonymous

Looks great. As a bike family you have had more bikes than us in a short time.

Dave Morris
    Participant

u can now do all those wonderful little roads.

motu
    waikeremoana
    Gentle annie

and so many more.

I tell ya next time I am going away. Don't tell alex

Steve

Dave Ross

we’re off for a ride now, have 2 days off work, sun shining, what more do you want.
    Just lost the soccer, very sad!!!!!!!
    Alex fixed my side stand, needed a bit of an extention since it is tucked
    right under now and hard to reach.
    Hope this is the end of that, as you all know i am not the fastest rider, so nothing should scrape the ground.

Gerda

Murray
    Participant
    Kokopelli wrote:
    I bet she would love to have a go, but her skill level will of course not be up to it, plus the low suspension of her bike is not really suitable for more than gravel roads. We will now be able to explore these roads together.

Oi you, exactly what the Kaipara ride is aiming at!! The main route will be perfect for the 650GS, lowered or otherwise. We'll see you both there 😀
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.