Home Forums General Discussion Breaking the drought

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

No one has posted on the website for 5 days so I thought I would to see how long it takes to get a response !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Ross

Things seem to be going too well 😀

aegis4805
    Participant
    Youngjim wrote:
    No one has posted on the website for 5 days so I thought I would to see how long it takes to get a response !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young Jim makes a good point imho - i value this site and the community it is begining to develop. I guess its down to all of us to post interesting / thought provoking material to stimulate traffic.

I spend too much time on these sites 2 excellent sites 1 US based and the other Brit. I find their content compelling - especially the ride reports and pics.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/
    http://ukgser.com/home/

If readers - especially those interested in adventure riding - have not already discovered these 2 sites they're well worth a look imho
    😀

I've found other members of the NZ BMWOR posting on these sites. As a nation we're a lot smaller than the home bases of both these sites. But, f we support this site by active participation I believe the community of BMW enthusiasts in NZ will be the better for it.

Thanks to the creators and administrators of this site - keep it up!

Incidentally - viewing the newsletter online provides an enhanced view of the graphics. Cheers Aslan
    Jim Young
    Participant

Could’nt agree more with you Aslan, we must make more use of this site !!

Before this site was up and running we used to communicate via emails to BMWOR and in fact I just received one this morning which I think is the first this year, so it is still up and running.

This was the same though, no messages for weeks and then a flurry of them, and then none for weeks again.

I believe that some people find it is easier for emails just to arrive in their inbox than to visit a website.

I am one of those who visit both those sites you mention and find they are a wealth of information and interest.

Another very good one is http://www.BMWsporttouring.com and no matter what you want to know just ask on one of these sites and someone will know the answer or have done it before.

Cheers mate, glad someone visits and replies to messages on here, we must now try and encourage others to do the same.

Regards

Jim

Jim Young
    Participant

Maybe we should post something provocative to rile people up 😈

Paul
    Participant

Here’s a question for all?

Anyone know how many of the yellow/ferro R1150R's are in NZ?

To the best of my knowledge, there were four (but Experience re-sprayed one black).

So, I believe only three, but would be happy to hear of more.

And whilst we're at it, any ideas on how many of the Ferro/ferro R's came in?

Martyn

Dave Ross

We have around a thousand visitors to the site every month. A lot of them just read the articles but never post themselves. There is no way we can compete with well established sites like the one’s that have been mentioned.
    At least not as a single marque website. Kiwibiker is way bigger than we are.

Their website is much more alive, but they also have a lot more noise.

It would be nice if club members showed a bit more interest in posting ride reports and such, but you can't force people. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I would have thought that BMW would be a bit more interested in posting info about their bikes on the website. Most of the time you can read about new bikes months in advance, while in NZ they act as if they've never heard of the new models.

Martyn, I am sorry but I have no info on the yellow/ferrow bikes. You certainly don't see them often.

Anonymous

Hey, pick me!
    I don't often ride with you guys, but I place an extremely high value on the BMW community, Coollist and here.
    Ride report in the appropriate heading on this site very soon.

Anonymous

Jim have you pick your new 1200gs up. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.