Home Forums General Discussion BMW NZ under new ownership

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

News from Kiwirider:News just out today is that BMW Motorrad Australia is selling out here in NZ with the distribution of the company's products going to a new company, Europe Imports Ltd, part of the Beckhaus family's groupThat's got to be better! At least they have a good history in motorcycling and have done an excellent job with  Triumph, another old German motorcycle make :-).

Anonymous
    Inactive

That's got to be better! At least they have a good history in motorcycling and have done an excellent job with  Triumph, another old German motorcycle make :-).

oh god... and it's not even April 1...If they fuck stuff this one up as well, I'll be left with almost no motorcycle choice  :'(

Folker Liebenow
    Participant

How could this NOT be good news. I don't know how they could make it worse…

Anonymous
    Inactive

How could this NOT be good news. I don't know how they could make it worse...

Hope you're sarcastic? Ask a Triumph owner who's needed parts. Order part, ETA: It's been ordered. Seriously. No idea if it's weeks or months, same thing for multiple brands under the Beckhaus family umbrella. I've heard of an Aprilia owner... 9 months to sort a known warranty issue.I've tested BMW supply... uh... vigorously  :-[ My main complaint is brand new parts arriving broken, but the parts were turning up promptly in 10-14 days. Yeup, it would be nice if they worked first time, even the dealer was a bit  😮I'm not normally so passionate at bashing a brand, but there are too many stories, so I end up warning everyone I know to steer clear. Only time will tell if BMW keeps it's relatively good service, but a letter will be sent up the chain if the service deteriorates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey! I waited 16 weeks for a front wheel and the local BM shop blamed everyone except them selves…..I cancelled the order and had one here from Colorado overnight, so you aren't the only ones with dealer/importer problems..I want to support the local guys but increasingly, Im buying all my parts and accessories online......Im am lucky, I'll admit in that there are any number of BM dealers just down the road in the US ''o' Eh who do indeed give very good service......Al

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.