Home Forums General Discussion BMW NZ and Motomart – kudos

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

late last year I took possession of a 2008 R1200GS owned from new by another member of the register. I'm thrilled with the bike. A credit to its previous owner. It has travelled less than 18000k. Disappointingly, it had warped front brake rotors - something I was aware of - previous owner told me of this pre purchase and it was very evident.Anyway - I spoke with Henry Plowright - machine supplied new by Experience. He was helpful. The warping of the rotors had not been recorded whilst receiving service at Experience. He suggested I approach Motomart (my local dealer) requesting that they submit a 'goodwill' claim for remedy on BMW NZ.Delighted with the help of Gavin Steele at Service Manager at Motomart and Pat (Motomart dealer principa)l also BMW NZ who met me satisfactorily by agreeing to pick up 70% of the cost of the replacement rotors and brake pads.All in all I was very satisfied with the treatment I received and consider a positive experience should be shared.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My 2010 R1200GSA has warped front discs as well…Apparently 50,000km is too high for goodwill  :'(From yours and others experience, I think I'll find some other discs to put on... seems the BMW ones warp  😮

aegis4805
    Participant

hi Gremlin – thanks for your response – certainly the cost of BMW rotors is not cheap. 'Steptoe' over on UKGSER seems to be a respected supplier of alternative rotors doubtless there are others – eg TouratechLook forward to meeting you some time - you intending to be at the Rag Rally? Cheers Stephen O aka AslanPS interestingly, IMO this board seems to have less active participants (as assumed from the # of views relative to responses) relative to other boards like KiwiBiker - where I realise you're a Mod (I'm an old rocker) 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi Gremlin - thanks for your response - certainly the cost of BMW rotors is not cheap. 'Steptoe' over on UKGSER seems to be a respected supplier of alternative rotors doubtless there are others - eg TouratechLook forward to meeting you some time - you intending to be at the Rag Rally? Cheers Stephen O aka AslanPS interestingly, IMO this board seems to have less active participants (as assumed from the # of views relative to responses) relative to other boards like KiwiBiker - where I realise you're a Mod (I'm an old rocker) 😉

mmm, thanks, I'll make contact with the fella and see about some rotors. Currently the BMW has 66k ish, I'm thinking to replace around 100k (presuming they last that long), so at least I get a decent return out of them.No idea what a Rag Rally is, and BMWOR is quiet because it's a specific forum for BMW owners mostly. KB is probably one of the biggest forums in NZ. There's also a whole lot more dribble to sift through there.

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Best BMW rally on the calandar Great food ,Great People turn up,veary low cost,have not been able to make it last 2 years but look forward  to this  years.Has any body heard if it is on? This is a must do Gremlin.Cheers Richard K

Murray
    Participant

Has any body heard if it is on?

6/7 April (last weekend of daylight savings as is the tradition) at Pokaka Lodge. February newsletter has the booking details, it'll be posted out next week. Cheers

Robin
    Participant

Just coming back to Motomart kudos…I bought a couple of O ring gasket things for the oil filling cap assembly. They fitted them for me after the purchase for no charge. Great stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

6/7 April (last weekend of daylight savings as is the tradition) at Pokaka Lodge. February newsletter has the booking details, it'll be posted out next week.

Bugger... clashes with the Barfoot and Thompson Triathlon, which I'll be moto-marshalling...

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.