Home Forums General Discussion BMW Motorrad R 5 Hommage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have the June Newsletter locked and loaded, and I ain't going back to rebuild it at this stage, so I'm going to beat Arne to the punch with this article here instead:"80 years ago, BMW presented the R 5 to the international public - an exciting new technological development that was to influence motorcycle construction right through to the 1950s. Inspired by the factory racing machine, it was one of the groundbreaking sports motorbikes of the late 1930s. To mark the 80th anniversary of the BMW R 5, BMW Motorrad is honouring this icon at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2016 with a special model: the BMW R 5 Hommage."Article and picture: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0260195EN/bmw-motorrad-r-5-hommage-the-essence-of-beauty-and-simplicity-custom-meets-heritage-at-the-concorso

Becky Lambert
    Participant

Wow Bruce. Looks like you have found the bike for you at last. I can just see Rusty sitting on the tank , Meg sitting on a nice big cushion on the back guard and you hanging onto the handle bars going all out for the horizon with a great big cheesy grin.Tibsy.  🙂

Dave Morris
    Participant

BMW has now moved into the Bobber market.  R5 Hommage. tui ad 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.