Home Forums General Discussion BMW K1600LT on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The latest off a Dutch website – excuse the rough translation. BMW is BMW K 1600 GT K 1600 GTLJust get the mail within that BMW July 2 - tomorrow - officially at 12.00 K and K 1600 GT 1600 GTL launches.So the spy photos over the Internet last week roamed, were true. Whether it was a cylinder, we can now confirm. The first six-cylinder BMW engine ever. Horex name is already a competitor!With the mail we received the official press info and photos. But unfortunately, we can because of the embargo until July 2 at 12.00 anything with it. More tomorrow! Hmm, somehow I don't think I will hold my breath

Anonymous
    Inactive

And here's a link to a story on it's new swivelling headlight, light beam design.http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-adaptive-headlight-tilting-k1600gt/15606/

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Russell Taylor
    Participant

It's a step too far for me. Too big for NZ roads, just like all the other mega cruisers. Besides, it's ugly.

Anonymous

It's a step too far for me. Too big for NZ roads, just like all the other mega cruisers. Besides, it's ugly.

I don't understand BMW manufacturing bigger more expensive bikes. Should they not be spending the extra cash they have on better support for there dealers and the bikes they have?

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

New artists impression and spy pic (next post). Looks like more of a K1300GT upgrade than an LT replacement

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

Spy Pic

Anonymous

Ingel is that your LT for sale at Experience.

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

No. I was told by them they wouldn't trade mine (as a trade in :?) and the best bet was to try trademe!

Jim Young
    Participant

Thats a bit off, have you tried Hamilton or Mount Motorcycles ?

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant

Haven't tried for trade in but use Hamilton for servicing – good customer care and price.

Tharon KNOETZE
    Participant
    Jim Young
    Participant

Very nice, the pillion certainly gets a good view  🙂

Anonymous

Very nice, the pillion certainly gets a good view  🙂

Looks like you would need to be small to fit into the pillion area allowed 🙄 us over wait middle aged well healed, brought and paid for body would not fit. 😀The bike looks ok with the pillion but without the pillion it looks like a mistake add on.The 2011 updated RT is a nice looking bike with a little more power. http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.