Home Forums General Discussion Bikes on trade me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I occasionally trawl trade me to see what bikes are for sale. Just recently I've noticed how many low km older RT's and K bikes are coming up for sale. The GS bikes seem to be holding their value a lot better. But boy, there are some good bike to be had for little money. Too bad I don't have the spare cash to buy the R1200S with the Ohlins suspension, that bike is hardly run in and cost twice as much new. Of course, the other side of the coin is, who are these people who keep a bike for 10 years and only put 35000 km on the clock?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of course, the other side of the coin is, who are these people who keep a bike for 10 years and only put 35000 km on the clock?

They're the people that pay the new bike depreciation hit. They're my bestest friends.  ;DI have a hankering for a K1300R... unfortunately, I'd only get into trouble with that power... not many of them around either.

Dave Ross

Oh yes, they are our friends. The 1150 keeps hanging in there, so I have no reason yet to take. them up on their kindness. You should see if you can get John Banks' K1300. It will be low k and mint, apart from some pucker marks on the seat. When the K1200R came out, I had ride on it. What I thought was a 120km/h, turned out to be 140km/h luckily I was on a "private" road.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should see if you can get John Banks' K1300. It will be low k and mint, apart from some pucker marks on the seat. When the K1200R came out, I had ride on it. What I thought was a 120km/h, turned out to be 140km/h luckily I was on a “private” road.

The one bike I'm wary of is a Blackbird. Riding my boss' one a few years back, acceleration actually feels restrained. The problem is that 140kph felt like it was idling... and the cop didn't agree I REALLY didn't mean to do that speed, and earn myself the ticket  🙁The GSA is down heavily on power compared to the K1300, but keeps me legal. A guy I know has an older K1300R, but still with quickshift etc... argh, hearing the ignition cut while changing gears, its like a gun going off. Still... the definition of trouble I suspect. Haven't let my heart insist on a test ride either... bad trouble there too. I'll stick to the less powerful boxers.Oh, back to mileage, some like riding in nice conditions only... NZ doesn't have much of that  ;D Maybe multiple bikes as well. Said Blackbird is an 07 and has about 45k on the clock, yet spends almost all it's life sitting in the garage on a charger. When it's pulled out, it's for a trip, and has done several South Island trips.My GSA won't be one of those bikes. 2010, around 78k on it now, but spent the first year as a demo, only did 4k.  ;D

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Its a worry when you have 06 K1200 GT's with 40ks just like mine for$12990, makes it hard to find the differance for a 2012 K1600GT at $33995 with less than 1000ks on it[$44600 rrp]$11000 under list..At least the old airheads are going up in value.Might have to hang on to the current fleet for a little longer.

Dave Morris
    Participant

Its a worry when you have 06 K1200 GT's with 40ks just like mine for$12990, makes it hard to find the differance for a 2012 K1600GT at $33995 with less than 1000ks on it[$44600 rrp]$11000 under list..At least the old airheads are going up in value.Might have to hang on to the current fleet for a little longer.

told ya to sell it long ago but no, you would not listen. PS. when is the courier heading south and I don't wanna find ya fingerprints on the pages

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its a worry when you have 06 K1200 GT's with 40ks just like mine for$12990

I've actually seen a few bikes around, not just BMWs, that are an absolute bargain, or at least, I think so, yet they still don't sell.Ultimately, if no-one wants one of your bikes, then it doesn't matter what price is on it... being winter is only part of the problem I think.

Dave Morris
    Participant

when I was looking for my 4×4 I found one and they wanted $32500. I offered them $28000. They got quite upset about this. did not do the deal. it was still on the lot 8 months later and the price was $27500.so RK would ya take $8k for it.

Mark Mackay
    Participant

Na I will just turn on the heated seats and grips and keep riding it.  30,000ks in the last 6 years,at this rate of use it will last forever,Besides no body has bought out a better sports tourer yet[except K1300GT]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.