Home Forums Ride Reports Auckland Area Rep Report May 28th

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Another Sunday arrives and it’s a club ride day 28th May. The weather looks foggy to start, but where there is fog the day will turn out fine and so it did.

I loaded some of the new formula Shell into the tank and clicked the trip meter. I have run the 1200rt on 91 for a few tanks, but man the 95 is so much better. The bike performs great and for those that want to save a dollar and it’s only about a dollar you are saving, you are missing the great performance of the RT and the new 1200 engine.

We had the first K1200GT turn up for the ride, but Peter decided to keep the demo bike in Auckland for the weekend. We did have a great turn out of K1200s and RT’s and there was also the odd GS.

The weather on our ride to Matarangi was great not too hot and not too cold. Jim on his 1200gs lead the ride to lunch, and what a great setting we had at our lunch stop, right on the 18th green. Another group of BMWOR club members rode the opposite way around the Coramandel to Matarangi and were waiting for us at the lunch stop. We arrived and the table was all set up for us all. The meal and staff were great. We could have stayed there all afternoon having a few drinks and looking at the great view, but it soon was time to go as we still had around 220kms to get home.

Dave on his k1200s lead the ride back down the coast in blue sky and me thinking I have over dressed for this ride as I heated up.

We arrived back in Auckland with only one 5 minute shower on the ride and 440k’s on the RT. The reserve light was not showing so this bike could do 500k’s no troubles at all.

Dave Ross

Thanks for the report. We just couldn’t get out of bed early enough and were put off by the fog. I see that our Cameraman is slacking off again, but it should be as compulsory to carry a camera as it is to carry a first aid kit.

Would that be Peter Z on the GT? I still haven't been able to get my hands on the R1200S, we'll see what their excuse is on Wednesday :-).

Jim Young
    Participant

Nice one Dean,

I did 403km, all up, 191 to the golf course via Coromandel and 212km back via Whitianga.
    It certainly turned out to be a cracker of a day weatherwise, although on the way to BP Papakura I was having doubts with all the dark clouds around and all the cars heading north having headlights on.
    The wee spot of fog around the Bombay area lasted only a few minutes too.
    Just goes to show you can never rely on the weather forecasts.
    Also got some brownie points from her indoors by arriving home at the time I said (I mean she said !!) I had to be back to go out to dinner.
    So a good day all round.

Dave Morris
    Participant

u livin nerby as nearly same milage from my place

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.