Home Forums Motorcycle Tech Talk Are cycle spedo’s legal?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

was it a panoram he had on his bike

It was identical to the one on the website, I noticed it because of this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have always had a cycle computer on my bike as its way more accurate than the standard system. Also gives maximum speeds, averages and several odomometers. Screwed the wheel sensor in to the front brake disk as it is the only way I could get the fine tolerance between the sender and receiver. Also paced out 10 revolutions of the wheel instead of the recommended one so that the machine can be made even more accurate. Nearly all bikes I have compared with are measuring about 6kmp too high at 100kph, it seems to be a universal error setting. Not having a back light on most types available is inconvenient rather than anything else, but I can see an aware vehicle tester might give it the thumbs down for this reason.Good luck though..

Dave Morris
    Participant

was it a panoram he had on his bike

It was identical to the one on the website, I noticed it because of this thread.

nah he  bought one as well and tried me mounting kit. i have mispalced mine and god noes wherer it has gone. i was gunna send it to norfland for the pom to try out but can't find it.

Jim Young
    Participant

I hope you pay them well !!!!!!!!!!! 🙄

janejohnstewart
    Participant

Johnny  Johnny  Johnny next time u wont to no an answer like this go straight to the “Organ Grinder” …

Cheers for that Steve ... even if it was slightly uncharitable to ‘yer fellow BM owners 😉Right then, short term fix is going to be a cheapie cycle computer, even if I need to rig up an additional light to get the WoF.  I’m thinking of a $5 head torch from Mitre 10.Long term fix is going to be one of the flashy Vapor units with inbuilt clock, rev counter, and the all important two stage lights to tell you when to change gear. Yes, I am kiddingHowever, I would like to exercise the little grey cells, and try to work out if it’s possible to take the speed reading from the existing spedo drive cable rather than from the front wheel.  Basically, make the thing look like it’s always been there rather than the No. 8 fencing wire bodge that it truly is … but that's a job for another day.As for the spedo accuracy problem Mr. T, I've been using my GPS for that for a while now, because it gives me the option of finding out just how lost I've managed to get myself, and also how quickly was travelling when I passed the turn off that I should have taken.… oh, and I will get in touch with your mate CB, just to find out what the options are for repairing/replacing the original, because it would be nice to have the option of returning the bike to stock condition at some stage down the track.Many thanks all ...  😎

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.